LegacyGT.com

Wheel Bearing went @ 47K story :)

vduber

So of course while im on break from school (im in the auto program) my front passenger wheel bearing goes. I dont have a lift at my house and it was snowing so I let my buddys shop do it, of course they didnt have a press so they had to replace the whole hub so I was pissed. First of all I was pissed cause it went when I didnt have a lift which would have saved my alot of $. Secondly I was pissed that the wheel bearing went with such low mileage but I guess when you try to drive like Ken block in the snow s*** happens. Also I destroyed my fender well thanks to the snow breaking the clips and my wheel rubbing the crap out of it. I figured Id complain to you guys since I had nothing better to do :lol:

Yeah no they can be pressed out actually. And I have never seen a out of balance wheel single handedly destroy a wheel bearing unless it ridiculously off, no pun intended just stating. Next time that I get a chance i'll balance them for shits and gigs just always working on other peoples stuff and never on mine.

i'm pretty sure joe is right, its an entire sealed assembly and you can not just replace the bearing. unless you have done it and care to shed some more light on this vduber? Currently looking for cheap solutions to fix 3 of my 4 bad wheel bearings.

Btw, I think our wheel bearings are sealed units that are replaced in entirety....so you would've had to do that anyway.

Correct. I just had both fronts done. $876. :eek:

vduber - You say you can just replace the bearing, what's the part number?

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Well perhaps I have bitten off more then I can chew on. It seems as if joe is right I couldnt find a wheel bearing for sale seperately from the hub. Since I have pressed out other sealed bearing I figured this one could be to. Im going to check on all-data tomorrow but it seems as if im wrong goddamn subarus! This wheel bearing issue is a common problem though with may subarus, good thing im selling mine :)

Just replaced my driver side front a couple weeks ago. Bought an aftermarket bearing/hub assembly at Advance auto parts and with my brother's lift and tools it was a breeze to slap it on. Saved big $$$

BTW the rear bearings are covered under factory warranty til 100k so don't pay for those!

Yea i saw that they extended warranty on the rears till 100K so thats not so bad. Id deffinately tell you if you can do your own do it considering it isnt a very complex job and you save some $. I looked on alldata and it shows to just replace the entire hub so you guys are right. The heads themselves are just so annoying to get to in this car but thats the price you pay for having a boxer motor good luck though.

Archived