LegacyGT.com

2006 Nav for 2005 cars

IF SOA gains some GREY MATTER, and adds NAV to 2006 - than what is the probability to buy the system and put it in a 2005?

I think that the NAV systems include the following:

LCD NAV Head

NAV DVD player

GPS Antenna

Antenna wiring

Power and DVD player wiring

So replacing the airvent/cubby with the NAV head should be a no-brainer.

Where would the DVD player go?

How about routing the antenna? How is it run in Japan?

The wiring? How will you need to run it so it look good?

Just some questions for thought.

The player could go in a variety of places, it really depends on the size and such. Glove box, under the seat, trunk, wherever you can put it really.

Wiring is not really hard either. Just takes a little dedication to tuck it away. Usually under the carpet or hidden within the pannels. As far as power, through the firewall and right to the dash. Easier said than done sometimes, but if you have ever run any wires, its not hard at all. Patience is the key.

$2500 !!! - not including labor???

OK, this one is $2100 with Sirus

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-5r27RKbkhHI/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=182350&I=130AVICN2

Nav, CD, MP3, AUX in and Sirus!!!!

Now, if SOA will sell us a left hand DIN plate - maybe $200 - than I would be very happy with this set-up vs. the OEM Nav unit!!!!

Maybe, that is why they are not selling the left hand DIN???

Guest *Jedimaster*
We need more threads that have titles like "2006 NAV!". That way when you click, nobody will think you have some actual, real, factual information on what will be available.

if its OEM obviously its going to be more expensive.

Subaru isn't selling a din plate, because they most likely don't have one for the left side.

I hope SOA will start selling a hood scoop cover, the water in my intercooler is causing my paint to come off. maybe in the 06 models

Archived