LegacyGT.com

95 Subaru

I posted about the timing belt yesterday. I got that problem taken care of. It was running good drove it around the block for the first time. When i bought it for $ 400 i got it stripped down to the timing belt. But when i got back i noticed some smoke coming from the back side of the engine. I need to top off fluids and check plugs and wires. If that doesn't fix it anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

John

Chances are it's fluid leaking onto something hot, like the exhaust. When the car is smoking check under the car for the source. If it's coming from the exhaust, check the components under the hood for leakage. I'm not sure what a 95 looks like under the hood, but it could be anything from brake fluid to transmission fluid to engine oil coming from the rear main seal.

Is this car the 2.2L engine, or the 2.5L? Is it manual or automatic?

With it being a 95, I'd bet rear main seal. Haven't seen one from that year that hasn't leaked.

Not a major issue, but yes, car will always stink while idle and after running it for a long period of time. Replacement involves you either remove the engine, or remove the transmission.

Archived