LegacyGT.com

GM wants to save you $250 on your new Legacy!

Someone please tell me which GM model(s) is the closest competitor(s) of the Legacy GT Ltd, after reading this: [url]http://www.gm24hourtestdrive.com/[/url] :twisted:

This Space For Rent

I saw a truck yesterday that had a sticker on the back that said "24 Hour Test Drive" or something relating to that, and I was wondering what it was all about. Maybe test drive a Envoy or something simliar. I don't know if they are direct competitors, but it's unclear on how they define "competitor." Same class of vehicle or competing manufacturer?

[quote name='racerdave']Comp G? WTF is that? (I'm too lazy and too disinterested in Pontiac to go look) :)[/quote] Well, it's the special performance package for the supercharged GTP. It improves handling, has the tapshift, and a few other performance enhancements.

[quote name='Th3Franz'][quote name='racerdave']Comp G? WTF is that? (I'm too lazy and too disinterested in Pontiac to go look) :)[/quote] Well, it's the special performance package for the supercharged GTP. It improves handling, has the tapshift, and a few other performance enhancements.[/quote] Yeah, but isn't it still FWD?

[quote name='axis008']What about the Pontiac GTO? Or is that not a car you can use to participate in the 24-hour thing?[/quote] Not on the list, neither is the GTP (maybe though). The only cars on the list from Pontiac are the Bonneville, the Grand Prix (dunno if this includes the GTP lineup or not), and the Vibe. brady - yes, the GTP IS FWD

[quote name='gt_ltd']Someone please tell me which GM model(s) is the closest competitor(s) of the Legacy GT Ltd[/quote] I'd say Saab 9-3 even if doesn't have AWD. Maybe the 9-3 has DSTC which could be considered an "equivalent" feature. Plus some vehicule just don't offer AWD as an option like the 9-3 and 9-5 but are still very interesting.

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

Speaking of hummers, does anybody know why GM disallows exporting brand new hummers outta the states? The sales manager said GM will "punish" any dealership who sells them to exporters. :?:

This Space For Rent

^ummers^2's :) [quote name='AMT4SWA']gt_ltd... "speaking of hummers" is a very misleading statement and in no way brings any GM vehicles to mind. :lol:[/quote]

This Space For Rent

Why not? It's GM, not the dealership, that pays the $250, if I understood it correctly. [quote name='7stars']This is funny because the dealership here is GM-Subaru-Hyundai. I highly doubt they will honor the deal.[/quote]

This Space For Rent

[quote name='gt_ltd']Speaking of hummers, does anybody know why GM disallows exporting brand new hummers outta the states? The sales manager said GM will "punish" any dealership who sells them to exporters. :?:[/quote] Haven't heard of that but apparently General Motors has signed an agreement with Russian automaker, Avtotar, to begin assembly of the Hummer H2 for the local market. [url]http://www.ai-online.com/issues/article_detail.asp?id=260[/url]

Archived