LegacyGT.com

rear mount turbo idea?

It all depends on the driver..given its an awd car thats going to decrease your fuel savings right off the bat. But keep your ears open and stay out of boost and I have no problem managing 30 to even 35 mpg in the summertime with the cruise control at 70. All depends on how the car is driven...on the highway in the summertime I can manage up to 450 miles to a tank, in the same weather around town just daily fartin around I will go around 200 miles.

Un-f**king fortunately though try strapping a roof rack and 4 guys with their ski gear and head to the mountain, sucker cant manage to get more than like 20 miles to the gallon. I'll easily suck up half a tank going back and forth from the mountain (1hr and a quarter each way)with my buddies, at least it only ends up costing like $5 a head to do it lol.

Does anybody else notice in economy mode with the cobb tuner worse gas mileage with decent weight in the car? That and if you try to drive more spirited on the highway in economy mode you get worse mileage...i'd blame it on the motor having to do more work to maintain speed since boost is restricted.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hypermiling aka re-learning how to drive to get good gas mileage (when you aren't trying to woop ass

http://www.wikihow.com/Hypermile

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/auto-racing/nascar/nascar-basics/hypermiling.htm

I'm not saying you should do crazy stuff like shut your car off after 7 seconds at a stop light, but there are good tips if you look.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

You may be talking just Subaru here, but Ford has actually done that. The new 3.5 EcoBoost makes 90 more HP than the N/A V6, but it still gets fuel economy that is several MPG better.

I was refering to a same-engine situation. IE slapping a turbo onto a normally N/A engine. That new EcoBoost has DI and Twin turbo I think? Looks real nice with a reaaaaaly flat torque curve :wub:

Guest JessterCPA
I was refering to a same-engine situation. IE slapping a turbo onto a normally N/A engine. That new EcoBoost has DI and Twin turbo I think? Looks real nice with a reaaaaaly flat torque curve :wub:

I was just about to post the same thing. You have to compare the same engine.

Yea man, just get the GT. I'm bone stock, on my way to San Francisco from Las Vegas, with four people in the car and luggage for five days, we averaged 28.5 mpg. This was calculated at fuel stops, not using the car's read out. I normally get 23.5-24 mpg mixed driving, and I don't drive easy. Freeway on ramps were meant to be WOT'd on right? :lol:

Also, you guys are calculating your MPG and not going off the computer, correct? That is the only way to assure accuracy.

Explain that one to me? All the computer is going to do is judge how much fuel you have used and compare it to the miles. Its pretty much going to be a excel spreadsheet graph. Which is going to be the same as you dividing your miles by your gallons used.

Explain that one to me? All the computer is going to do is judge how much fuel you have used and compare it to the miles. Its pretty much going to be a excel spreadsheet graph. Which is going to be the same as you dividing your miles by your gallons used.

well someone would have to explain how the computers calculate the MPG but mine have always been at least 1 MPG off. Plus after 1 mile driven it comes up with a figure (ex 24 MPG) when you have only driven 1 mile.

Starting with a full tank, and tracking your miles driven then dividing the total number of miles driven by the number of gallons added comes up with a more accurate MPG. In my opinion.

Guest JessterCPA
I think the issue is IIRC is the computer reading was not linear. I would get say 25mpg for the first 2/3 of a tank, then 12 for the rest, giving me say 19mpg actual but the reading was always off.

Right it is going to be the exact miles/gallon. Maybe im just thinking completely wrong. Anyways my computer gives me around 30mpg when in 4th at about 2500 rpm.

I am at 23.1mpg average in the city and i dont really baby the gas. For the 10k miles ive had the car im at an average of like 23.5 mpg (computer reading)

So in my eyes that is a great mpg. My 240 got nowhere near that. although i was always ripping it

I have no clue how you all get such good fuel economy with this car. I haven't calculated mine in awhile, but according to my trip computer I've averaged 21.6 over the past 10,000 miles.

If you spend most of your time on the highway you can get that good mileage. The city driving is what brings it down quite a bit, well in my experience anyway.

If you spend most of your time on the highway you can get that good mileage. The city driving is what brings it down quite a bit, well in my experience anyway.

Yep, I go to college in Maine. So "city" is not something those people know. I think I'm going to do some calculations on my next 450 mile highway trip and see what I manage.

Guest JessterCPA
My gas mileage in the G is so bad now...I'm getting like 14mpg. Practially no highway driving, all around town stop & go.

IBOMGyouhaveaturboperformancecarwhatareyoucomplainingaboutgasmileagefor

thats so messed up lol. I forced myself to read that.

If i do all city i think im getting closer to 19. My work is a 5min(i think a mile away) drive and school is only a 15min drive(closer to 13miles).

Guest JessterCPA
thats so messed up lol. I forced myself to read that.

If i do all city i think im getting closer to 19. My work is a 5min(i think a mile away) drive and school is only a 15min drive(closer to 13miles).

Seriously, we all went through that when the 05's first came out. A few people just made casual comments how surprisingly bad the mileage was. Then come all these people saying "Duh! If you wanted mileage, why didn't you get a Civic??" or "It's stupid to think you can get good gas mileage from a 250hp turbo car"

Archived