LegacyGT.com

Need some info plz help

i am looking to get a 92 legacy wagon and i am trying to find out some things about it first. i havent looked at it yet but i want to get some good info before hand. first off though its RHD it was this guys mail delivery car. secondly do all first gen USDM spec legacy's turbo or no? also if they are all AWD or FWD? from what i gathered on wiki all USDM specs are turbo but idk how true that is. and thirdly i need to know what is the widest you can go on wheels on this car? i have a set of 5zigens that are 17x8 and 17x9. i know i need an adapter for the bolt pattern but before i go and buy the adapter i need to know if they are going to be to wide or not. any answers to these question are greatly appreciated thanks ahead of time.

To answer some of your questions....

The 1992 Legacy came in many variations. The USDM model came in FWD and AWD models. Most RHD Post Office models were AWD.

The RHD Post Office models were pretty much Subaru Legacy L+ AWD models, meaning they had virtually no additional options other than the AWD. They are non-turbo semi-closed deck engines. Regardless, the EJ22 non-turbo models are great engines with extremely long lifespans and excellent low-mid range torque for their size/era. There were few turbo Post Office vehicles created. The best way to verify if the vehicle is FWD or AWD is to check under the car for a rear differential. The best way to check for a turbo is to look under the hood.

To the best of my knowledge the 1992 Legacy uses a 100 MM bolt pattern. I currently own a 1992 Legacy, but have never checked on aftermarket wheel configurations.

In short, if you want an exceptional car for its age, buy the Legacy... If you want a car to rice out get a Civic. The Legacy will have FAR more power and better handling, but less aftermarket support. If rice it your style buy a Honda.

I hope you buy the Legacy, since it is far more powerful, capable, and reliable than most Honda and Toyota vehicles of it's time. Plus, 4 wheel disc brakes, power windows, power locks, and A/C were standard features on all first gen Legacy's. The same cannot be said about Honda/Toyota vehicles of it's time. As always the choice is yours.

Let us know how it goes when you check out the car.

Have fun! :)

so i picked up the legacy and i have to it was as steal for only 500 bucks. everything works a/c, windows and locks only problem is it has a slight leak form the power steering line which just looks a like needs tightening. other than that its in great shape. also it was AWD but non-turbo :(

For a '92 it's probably not that bad that the turbo is missing. Less fun, but a lot more reliability. And that's a decent price. I would probably worry more about rust than anything else on that car. But first priority would be to check driveshaft boots.
453747.png

Archived