LegacyGT.com

Yes it did. The OB wagons died too IMO. Subaru apparently decided that being profitable and successful wasn't their gig.

In a completely ironic move of course, they actually improved the looks of the Forester...which I've always thought was one of the ugliest cars on the road.

Profitable and successful not their gig? I'm sure you've seen sales figures that back up the fact that the new Legacys and Outbacks are blowing away their previous sales records. I'm not a fan of the huge fender flares, but the sales figures will tell you that the general public loves the new Legacy. Plus the interior features and creature comforts blow away the 4th gen.

This is coming from a 4th gen owner too. I work for a subie dealership and have been able to drive and test out the 5th gens. The exterior styling is not my taste, but the interior room and features are awesome in comparison.

Would I trade my 4th gen for a 5th? No. But are the 5th gens an abortion by subie standards? No.

It's cool; I'm with the band

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In a completely ironic move of course, they actually improved the looks of the Forester...which I've always thought was one of the ugliest cars on the road.

Funny you say that.. I've been on the forester forums since 2003 and the new look/increase in size was not seen as an improvement for most members. It all just comes down to opinion.

Archived