LegacyGT.com

Received a package from PDX today

POMEXCAN

Can't wait to get these on this weekend or next week. Jarrad @ PDX has been very helpful and patient in answering all my noob questions and after looking at all the adjustments and pulling the front / rear wheels - I think I'll be able to handle the swap. I'll wait a couple of days after the install to get the car corner balanced and aligned. The one question I forgot to ask Jarrad is if the torque specs on the rear are the same as the front (upper 14.5 and lower 112 ft-lbs)? Any additional words of wisdom are always welcome.

Now I just need to make a final decision on wheels...

Thanks.

http://img235.exs.cx/img235/2634/coilover0048dv.th.jpg

http://img235.exs.cx/img235/9581/coilover0038xc.th.jpg

Yup, GPMoto coilovers. I'd start with the fronts adjusted so that the bottom of the knuckle bracket is even with the bottom of the threads. Just the small section w/o threads will stick out the bottom. I run the backs fully down, and minimal pre-load on the springs.

Counterclockwise is full soft, turn clockwise to make stiffer.

1/1 on the damping adjustment is comfy, but under damped by a bit

3/3 is decently balance for the street

5/5 is starting to get agressive.

Haven't messed with the settings for trackdays yet so can't comment on those settings.

Thanks for the info XT6Wagon. I'm shooting for a 1.25"-1.5" drop in the front and 1" in the rear. The knuckle bracket is currently a little less than .5" from the end of the threads. I have the damping set at 7 - I'll probably back off to around 4 or 5 based on your and Jarrad's descriptions of ride 'feel'.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks. Actually had the suspension installed professionally (corner balancing + alignment) at soulspeed performance since I didn't think I would have the time to spend an entire day working on it with my limited toolset. Good thing too - it's amazing the difference having it done by pros. Great folks working at that shop - would recommend them to anyone looking for suspension service.

Archived