LegacyGT.com

Someone help diagnose my problem

I got an 05 LGT. Driving this morning, everything is fine. Go to make a left turn and the battery light and brake light come on and my steering goes. I was able to drive back home but you need to go to the gym before you can turn the steering wheel. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be? And if they think its covered under the warranty.

thanks

Belt for alternator and servo pump that has jumped/broken. Open hood and see if the belt is broken or missing. Otherwise - check if alternator and servo pump are running when the engine is running.

It can be that the crankshaft pulley for some reason has lost contact with the axle, but that's not common so I suspect the belt.

453747.png

sounds like what happened to me when my harmonic balancer went, look at your belts are they pushed out at the bottom ? if so chances are thats your luck, do it your self bout 80 bucks + belts and about an hour of your time

check power steering fluid if its low. also check brake fluid.

i know that when brake fluid is low, if you do hard turns, stop, go fast, the brake light comes on and off because its sloshing around. so i'm guessing maybe the power steering is similar. check its level, and if its leaking anywhere.

Belt for alternator and servo pump that has jumped/broken. Open hood and see if the belt is broken or missing. Otherwise - check if alternator and servo pump are running when the engine is running.

It can be that the crankshaft pulley for some reason has lost contact with the axle, but that's not common so I suspect the belt.

axle? what?

Harmonic balancer? Last I heard, the Boxer engine doesn't have/need one... the crankshaft pulley is just a pulley... no rubber/harmonic balancer components in there.

other car manufactures call it a harmonic balancer, subaru calls it a crank pulley. there is metal and rubber in it.

Archived