LegacyGT.com

Inexpensive Brakes?

EvilCamaroSS

I'm a little concerned with the ridiculously low grade quality of the "ECO BRAKE" advertising: the misspelling of "disapate", the photoshop of the Audi A3, etc.

Otherwise, congrats. I just bought a set of $25 pads off ebay to replace my OEM fronts. It's only been 2 days, and I don't know if I want to drive really aggressively on them, but they are smooth and quiet and even in break-in didn't create alot of visible dust.

After getting some positive reviews I went with the brakes from my Ebay posting on the first page.

They are drilled and slotted, I also upgraded to the ceramic brake pads for the extra $30. The drilling and slotting is directional, they did not drill into the vent fins either. The brake pads were omni brand, but the car stops much better now. Overall I say they work break, no shaking, no weird noises. Overall i'd say worth the money if you looking for inexpensive brakes.

Just don't do a track day with those drilled rotors. Some organizations do not allow non-oem drilled rotors due to their likelyhood of cracking under track conditions. :)

-mike

Just so I'm clear on this - spend to add HP, then get the cheapest brakes possible?
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

If by spend to add HP, you mean bought a used AP and threw a stage 1 tune in the car, then I guess I'm guilty.

Who cares if the brakes are cheap? they function, and they do it well. If your going to be tracking the car, obviously you would want better brakes, but for the every day driver these work just fine.

Archived