LegacyGT.com

I need a new clutch!!

itsme

I knew I needed a clutch for awhile. But, I have been busy(lazy :lol:). I have had all the parts to do a ACT clutch swap including a '06 WRX and LW flywheel for over 6 months. Well not my clutch took a dive last night. The pedal went all the way to the floor and won't come up. :eek:

My problem now is the rain. It looks like it will be about 2weeks before I can fix the car. What are the going price for a clutch job near Carson? I might just pay someone because I don't want my car down that long. But, if it's too much I will just wait and do it myself.

So if you have a shop and a number it will help alot. Thanks Bryan

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I just went by AQ they want $400 for labor + fluids + tax. So that's about $450. I'm cheap I will go get a tranny jack and do it myself this weekend. I have a 3 day weekend so I will have 2 days to recoup. :)
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I'm just bought a tranny jack. Now I need a clutch alignment tool. Anyone know where I can get one by this friday?

I'm just bought a tranny jack. Now I need a clutch alignment tool. Anyone know where I can get one by this friday?

This thing?

http://www.circletracksupply.com/images/P/sum-g1341.jpg

one is included in the ACT clutch kit, thats where i got mine

~Sucka-Duck~

Thanks for the info. I called ACT and the tool cost $5 and will be here on friday.

What day do you plan on doing this? I can cruise out to give you a hand since I have done tranny swaps numerous of times.

I just found out they gave me the wrong PP for my '06 WRX flywheel. So I will do it next weekend.

I just went by AQ they want $400 for labor + fluids + tax. So that's about $450. I'm cheap I will go get a tranny jack and do it myself this weekend. I have a 3 day weekend so I will have 2 days to recoup. :)

$400 for clutch labor? Almost cheap. It's $500-600 around here.

Archived