LegacyGT.com

PIAA Forza Hybrid Wiper Blades

Corny357

So I purchased these blades a couple of months ago as an all season blade, which is what they are marketed as. They do a good job of shielding from any snow/ice buildup, and at low speeds, they are great. However, as soon as I hit 40-50mph, they begin to lift at the end/edges of the blade, leaving some water behind. Though it's annoying, it's not a big deal, as it still clears the main part. The real problem comes in at highway speeds. At 55mph or greater, the main section of the blade seems to lift when the wipers are activated. They end up leaving a good amount of water behind. This happens in light, moderate, and heavy precip.

1.) I was wondering if anybody else had these blades, and if so, do you have this problem?

2.) I called PIAA just a few minutes ago. Talked to a guy there who was as helpful as he could be in the situation. What was weird is that he had the SAME BLADES on his 2005 Legacy and he doesn't have this problem! I've also read on other forums that people love them. Is it possible that it's a problem with mine? I mean, they all have the same aerodynamic cover on them, so what could possibly be different?

Thanks

Brandon

I've had these blades for about a year and they work in the rain at speeds >= 80 without lifting. Infact i find that they press harder on the windshield at higher speeds... Are you sure you selected the right size/side?

2009 Legacy Spec. B - here's what I ordered...should be right, no?

PIAA 96060 Forza Hybrid 24" Silicone Wiper Blade

PIAA 96045 Forza Hybrid 18" Silicone Wiper Blade

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026JJWZ2/ref=oss_product][/ame]

hmm, i dont know, i can only think of the fact that you might have them rotated the wrong way? but i dont remember, i cant see outside since its dark already here

anyone else have any input? mine dont lift at high speeds

What do you mean by rotated? I'm pretty sure they're on the proper way and the proper side. I mean, I guess it's possible something is on there wrong, but I can't see how I could have done that. If I put wipers on wrong, I think I'd have to go check my blinker fluid and muffler belt.

I see you have an 06. The guy from PIAA on the phone had an 05. Is there some change with the aerodynamics/shape of the windshield from the 05-07 to the 08-09 that I don't know about?

How the hell do you hit 40-50 mph in NYC traffic????

Put your old blades back on, or get an el cheapo set ~$2 and see if they lift. That'll determine if you have bad wiper springs or defective PIAA blades.

BANNED FROM THE TIKI FORUM. :lol:

Put your old blades back on, or get an el cheapo set ~$2 and see if they lift. That'll determine if you have bad wiper springs or defective PIAA blades.

I'm in ND for a couple of months. And when I am home, it's not like I drive around in the city the whole time...I generally do drive outside of the city. Anyway, that's all besides the point. Anybody else have any other ideas? I don't know that I want to purchase new blades to try. I didn't keep the old ones, either.

I'm in ND for a couple of months. And when I am home, it's not like I drive around in the city the whole time...I generally do drive outside of the city. Anyway, that's all besides the point. Anybody else have any other ideas? I don't know that I want to purchase new blades to try. I didn't keep the old ones, either.

Did you mail order the blades? Sounds like it, otherwise, go back to the store to exchange them.

Even if you got them online, you can send them back - but then you'd be without wiper blades.

$5

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?A=BK_7622247_0163801111&An=599001+102005+50068+2068008

$3

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?A=BK_7622207_0163801114&An=599001+102005+50068+2068008

For about $8, you can get a set from Napa. You drive a $20k car. No need to destroy it by cheaping out on a set of $8 wiper blades.

BANNED FROM THE TIKI FORUM. :lol:

West side highway, FDR? and thats just in manhattan. Ive hit 50 on them and cruise at 40-45 going with traffic and faster (safely) on the BQE, Jackie Robinson Exp.way ect in queens/brooklyn.

Corny: i dont know what else to say? They work fine for me, and you're the first person ive heard that have had problems with it. Just wondering, is it both sides, and do you have a hood deflector thingie installed? Perhaps try just taking it all out, then putting it back on to see if that fixes it. Try to rest the arm on the glass gently with the blade off to see if its twisted or anything.

Yeah, you can easily hit 50mph with light traffic goin up Park Ave too...the lights go all at once. Quite fun to see how far you can make it before they turn red, safely of course.

And no hood thingie installed. Guy from PIAA asked the same thing. I'll remove the wipers and check the arm and what not. This is frekin frustrating!

Brandon

Archived