LegacyGT.com

STI Pinks

I have a set of STI pinks... I purchased these about 2 months ago... Dont no much about them just did a "name purchase". Whats the drop gonna be on those? Also been thinking if i should do a Coilover set up compared to just spring strut package. Im looking into the BC coilovers an see that no one on here or .org has this set up. If i decided to go with the coilovers ill be selling these springs looking around

Unless you're tracking and auto crossing, a matching strut/spring package should do what you need. Coilovers are worth the money if you actually adjust them (drive the car to the track, adjust for race, readjust to drive home situation), but if you don't adjust them, its no different than a matching strut/spring package.

That's just my two cents. I'm sure other people have experience and opinions too.

I might be interested in buying your pinks if you still have them available in May-ish.

It's cool; I'm with the band

well this car is my daily driver, and with living in shitty CT with all this horrible weather/snow I was thinking i could adjust my height for winter, which would make more sense then having 2 suspension set ups (1spring summer fall, 1 winter).

I run in northern MA with my JDM Bilstein/Pinks setup with no issues. Maybe if you live out in the boonies it would matter more, but for the most part, the lowering from this setup won't cause you too many issues day-to-day. Just keep it on the roads :)

Now, is it smarter for me to run these on Koni or a bilstein set up? Or even a spec B strut shock set up? Just trying to get the best set up for my buck. Looking to see if anyone has a sti pink set up with 18's on there car... please post 1-2 pics for me

Now, is it smarter for me to run these on Koni or a bilstein set up? Or even a spec B strut shock set up? Just trying to get the best set up for my buck. Looking to see if anyone has a sti pink set up with 18's on there car... please post 1-2 pics for me

See the FAQ to understand the differences between USDM/JDM GT/SpecB... lots of info there: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61108

I can't comment on the Koni setup... I love my JDM SpecB Rev A + Pinks.

The rated drop for pinks is 15 mm (0.6 in.). That's roughly what the drop will be with pinks on Bilsteins. Pinks are designed to work w/ Bilstein style front top hats. If you put pinks on your stock KYB front struts or Koni inserts, both of which use KYB style top hats, your front drop will be roughly 1 inch due to the different style top hats. There should be no difference in the rear ride height between using pinks on Bilsteins, Konis, or stock KYBs.

I run pinks with my stock spec.B setup (USDM-Spec Bilstein Struts) and the ride is a little bit harsh, but worth the benefits in handling. I live in DC and the streets are terrible, but you just have to keep your eye out for potholes so that you can dodge them. The spec.B with stock springs rides a little bit higher than the stock GT because of the tophats and sits much better with the pinks. It might lower around an inch over stock and gives the car a much more aggressive stance.

Check the marketplace for good deals, there are a few sets of Bilsteins for sale right now.

Archived