LegacyGT.com

Rim size and bulb size....?

I've done a bunch of searching but can't come up with any solid answers so I thought I'd ask instead :redface:

From what I can gather, the rims size is 5x100 (unsure of the stock offset).

Does anyone have an idea of how aggressive we can go?

ex. 17x9 et 32 - will that fit or stick out way to much?

EDIT:

As for bulb sizes:

Headlights - H4 (1993-1997 models)

Headlights - 9007 (1998-1999 models)

Foglights - H3

Gauge cluster - 194 and 74

HVAC - Neo 3mm

Dome Light/Map Light - DE3175

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

:spin:

lgts have the same bulbs 9007 and h3 for the fogs and i think 1158 for the bulbs (somthing along those lines

lgt stock snowflakes are 5x100 with a +58 offsett (somewhere in the 50's dont remeber)

I think +48 is flush for us, but check up on the member's ride thread over in sl-i.net or any wrx site as the 02-05 wrx share the same offset with thier stock rims. Find someone's rims you like and ask for thier offset if the didnt already give it out there

+55 is stock subaru offset... i think the only subaru wheels that aren't +55 are some Sti wheels which are +53 i think...

subaru 17s are 17x7... and 18s are 18x7 i'm pretty sure...

if you have money to pump your guards you can potentially go up to a +38 offset... but anything lower than this is getting way too crazy... best is between +48 and +45... and even then, if your car is lowered, you will probably scrub out... if not on the guard then on the struts (depending how wide the wheels/tyres are)

as far as width goes, i wouldn't go past 8 or maybe 8.5 at a stretch (unless you put undersized tyres on them, which isn't a look that suits the subies IMO)

this is all from my experience and from what i've gathered from other people... don't take this as gospel or anything... :p

oh, and the JDM projectors are H1 and the AUDM box headlights (the normal ones) use a dual filament (high/low) H4 bulb... this is for the ones that are separate from the indicators... i can't say what the US spec combined headlight/indicators use...

BTW, I run 225/45R17 (Bridgestone RE001 Potenzas - great tyres) on my JDM RS-B 17x7 +55 rims and they scrubbed out on the inner guard (on the engine side of the wheel) when lowered on my coilovers...

Though if I had different wheels, running 53 or 48 offset for example, this potentially wouldn't have been an issue...

Edit: WESTcoast; don't forget that wrx guards are a fair bit more pumped than ours... I've seen rexies with +25 wheels... (they stuck out like a mofo) there is no way they would fit on a gen2 unless it had a widebody kit or somethig crazy...

lgts have the same bulbs 9007 and h3 for the fogs and i think 1158 for the bulbs (somthing along those lines

Awesome thanks for clarifying. :)

I think +48 is flush for us, but check up on the member's ride thread over in sl-i.net or any wrx site as the 02-05 wrx share the same offset with thier stock rims. Find someone's rims you like and ask for thier offset if the didnt already give it out there

+55 is stock subaru offset... i think the only subaru wheels that aren't +55 are some Sti wheels which are +53 i think...

subaru 17s are 17x7... and 18s are 18x7 i'm pretty sure...

if you have money to pump your guards you can potentially go up to a +38 offset... but anything lower than this is getting way too crazy... best is between +48 and +45... and even then, if your car is lowered, you will probably scrub out... if not on the guard then on the struts (depending how wide the wheels/tyres are)

as far as width goes, i wouldn't go past 8 or maybe 8.5 at a stretch (unless you put undersized tyres on them, which isn't a look that suits the subies IMO)

this is all from my experience and from what i've gathered from other people... don't take this as gospel or anything... :p

So let me get this straight... we CAN run the same width and offset as 02-05 wrx's or do you mean the stock offsets are just the same?

A buddy of mine has a bug eye wrx and I'm pretty sure he's running 18x9.5 et38's (rota grids) and he's pretty flush with rolled fenders...

I kinda wanna get something aggressive with some sexy concaveness but I also don't want to look stupid cause it pokes to much... and i'm not into the stretched tire look either.

Thanks for your help guys.

Second gen USDM Legacy one piece headlights (indicator and headlight in one piece) use a dual filament H4 bulb like the 2 piece ones do.

Just for future reference. Lol

-Ben

I'm getting a lot of mixed information...

I guess I can get off my ass and check for myself lol

Why are people telling me 9007 if it's H4? I have the one piece headlight.

EDIT: They are INFACT H4 headlight bulbs. Thanks

Because if I'm not mistaken (which I may be) 9007 and H4 are interchangeable. Which would be the reason for some saying H4 and some saying 9007. Correct me if I'm wrong.

-Ben

Incorrect.

H4/HB2/9003 are the same interchangeable bulbs. 9007 is completely different.

H4

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff181/melysaflower321/H1_and_H3_Bulbs.jpg

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/mustangtuning/luminics-9007-2s.jpg

That's weird... I took the bulb out and actually looked at it yesterday and it was infact an H4 bulb. I did this while using the 3M Headlight Restore Kit.

I have a Wagon and it's a 1 piece light... is yours 2 piece?

I have a 97 sedan with one piece headlights and I removed my bulbs and they are H4 as well. A 9007 won't fit in my headlight, nor plug into the headlight plug. Maybe in 98 Subaru changed bulb type on the Legacy??

Can you get a few pics of your headlights front and back for us so maybe we can figure it out?

This is very interesting......

-Ben

I have a 97 sedan with one piece headlights and I removed my bulbs and they are H4 as well. A 9007 won't fit in my headlight, nor plug into the headlight plug. Maybe in 98 Subaru changed bulb type on the Legacy??

Can you get a few pics of your headlights front and back for us so maybe we can figure it out?

This is very interesting......

-Ben

Looks like in 98 they changed the bulb type...:ohhh: 1993 to 1997 are all 9003, while 1998 and 1999s are 9007s...:rolleyes:

Sorry about that seeing as all the headlights appear the same I assumed the bulbs were too....:cool:

I had 18x8.5 +32 on my Lego for a bit. Rolled fenders so you can see from the pics you could easily tuck a 17x9 with a stretched tire.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x223/badwagon/Lego14.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x223/badwagon/Lego12.jpg

Got 18x9.5 +15s on now with a little help from a few 90 Honda Accord fenders lol

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x223/badwagon/lego35.jpg

Johann @ Girodisc

Looks like in 98 they changed the bulb type...:ohhh: 1993 to 1997 are all 9003, while 1998 and 1999s are 9007s...:rolleyes:

Sorry about that seeing as all the headlights appear the same I assumed the bulbs were too....:cool:

No worries... atleast we all know now... :)

I had 18x8.5 +32 on my Lego for a bit. Rolled fenders so you can see from the pics you could easily tuck a 17x9 with a stretched tire.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x223/badwagon/Lego14.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x223/badwagon/Lego12.jpg

Got 18x9.5 +15s on now with a little help from a few 90 Honda Accord fenders lol

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x223/badwagon/lego35.jpg

Johann @ Girodisc

Amazing... this is exactly what I wanted to hear and see.

I think I'm gonna do 17x9 et30 and stretch the tire a tiny bit...

Thanks.

ps. the new wheels are DOPE! :wub:

Archived