LegacyGT.com

Boost creep issues

Razor

I baught some RTV to seal that turbo to tmic connection. Subyshop, did you put the silicon ON the gasket then tighten it down ? Or did you just fill around the connection after it was torqued?

also, smoke test didnt reveal anything but it isn't exactly pressurized.

Next on the list.

1. tighen down connections and use RTV to seal suspected tmic joints

2. if that doesnt work, go back to stock bcs system and reload old tune. see if there are 'leaks' or not.

does anyone remember for the stock bcs which port goes to the T, and which one goes to the air intake inlet ?

I baught some RTV to seal that turbo to tmic connection. Subyshop, did you put the silicon ON the gasket then tighten it down ? Or did you just fill around the connection after it was torqued?

also, smoke test didnt reveal anything but it isn't exactly pressurized.

Next on the list.

1. tighen down connections and use RTV to seal suspected tmic joints

2. if that doesnt work, go back to stock bcs system and reload old tune. see if there are 'leaks' or not.

does anyone remember for the stock bcs which port goes to the T, and which one goes to the air intake inlet ?

For the EBCS, make sure you look at which port is going where to double check. it sounds like you have it connected properly. Also, it might be worth having your tuner double check the map and make sure it isn't something simple like the WGDC table still calling for 0's in certain cells. Also it is worth trying to reset the ECU and flash the map again. The AP got touchy once with not properly overwriting certain tables.

I put RTV on one side of the metal gasket (the intercooler side), and then carefully set the intercooler evenly on the gasket and bolted it down. It helps to have a friend hold the gasket while you ease the intercooler down. I let the car sit like that for a few hours and ran it easy while I dialed in the closed loop MAF values.

-Franz

IThis week I installed an AVO tmic and grimspeed ebcs with a custom emap tune. Since the installation of the tmic and grimmspeed ebcs, I have had this problem.

It is entirely possible that your installation is just fine and the problem is the tune.

Okay guys heres a log at 0& WGDC. Still hitting max boost, what do you thinks the problem? Next step is to start tuning with my old BCS.

Do I have to replace that pill? or make it bigger? I was overboosting before with the stock vf40 pill ...

You are knocking, yes.

But hey, your turbo creeps, there is likely nothing you can do about it, other then get a more restrictive exhaust or intake, or port the turbine housing. My buddies was hitting over 22 psi at 0% WGDC when it was like -20F outside!:eek:

so im still creeping after a changed to my old BCS. also, what would it cost for someone to port the exhaust housing ? would this fix it ? or would an external WG actuator fix this problem?

Also, whats an easy way to test that my actuator is acctually working ?

so im still creeping after a changed to my old BCS. also, what would it cost for someone to port the exhaust housing ? would this fix it ? or would an external WG actuator fix this problem?

Also, whats an easy way to test that my actuator is acctually working ?

Just becareful when porting the WG port. If you make the hole too big, the flapper wont seal and you will never hit target boost.

If you went with an EWG setup, you wont ever have to worry about your WG being the cause of your creep:)

Archived