LegacyGT.com

aftermarket seats due to squeaky OE seat = madness

My driver seat is squeaky, especially when turning left thus shifting my body right. I read al the thread on this issue and the dealer cannot reproduce the noise, etc. Since I have airbags in the car seat, can an aftermarket seat be outfitted or perhaps a better Subaru seat?

I had the same issue and had it into the dealer about 4x. I made it very clear that I wanted it fixed this last time and they replaced the entire lower seat frame.

I had all of my work done under warranty as it was just ending.

I had the same issue and had it into the dealer about 4x. I made it very clear that I wanted it fixed this last time and they replaced the entire lower seat frame.

I had all of my work done under warranty as it was just ending.

did the noise go away?

I find it amazing that a small item such as a seat can cause so much unnecessary work, too bad Subaru uses a cheap seats supplier. This really makes me wanna test-drive a 2010 5-dr Golf which I do fancy and with electrical gremlins out of the way, it could be a fun drive....but will I miss the AWD?

• 1 month later...
did the noise go away?

I find it amazing that a small item such as a seat can cause so much unnecessary work, too bad Subaru uses a cheap seats supplier. This really makes me wanna test-drive a 2010 5-dr Golf which I do fancy and with electrical gremlins out of the way, it could be a fun drive....but will I miss the AWD?

yes you will miss AWD. you live in canada, you need that ish yo!

• 3 weeks later...
Yea I would never go from a Subaru to a damn golf. My be one of those R34 they make but nothing less. I like top models when I by them for me. that's why the lady drives the 2.5I.

so what are you saying??

• 3 weeks later...
so what are you saying??

What I am saying that if I am going to get a WRX it will be an STI which is my next car. If I was to get a Leggy it would have been a SPEC B. This is why I do not drive the Legacy much the lady has it 95 percent of the time. House then STI I will be happy soon hehe

Archived