LegacyGT.com

Anyone local got an oxygen sensor?

chenc544

Got a CEL and P0131 code last night.

Cleared it a few times with AP, filled up the tank, etc but it keeps coming back. I'm going to put the car up on ramps tonight to see if there are water/ice on the O2 sensor otherwise I'm thinking it's toasted. I'm at 57k miles and been stage II since ~15k so I'm guessing it's time for it to go... Anyway, don't really want to have to wait for an online retailer to ship it so if anyone local has a spare one sitting around I would be happy to buy it from you.

This guy has one from a 06STi. I don't know if it will fit. I did a little looking but could not find the part numbers. I believe it is a denso part so if you could find the denso part number it would be much cheaper.

http://www.awdpirates.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=45749

Edit: Part numbers are different. I did find the part number of 22641AA32A and bosch number is 15011

from this thread

Thanks for looking Steve. I'm starting to wonder if it's a vacuum leak and not actually a problem with the sensor. I'm going to pull the intercooler tonight and check underneath there to make sure everything is still connected. If that's not the case my plan is to just buy the $60 ones from a local auto parts store to see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks man, appreciate the offer. I took off the intercooler and the hoses were on just fine on the blue t connector. Check all other hoses I can see and didn't find anything. The car actually drives pretty good, hitting boost and everything. The idle also seem ok, not jumping all over the place so I'm guessing vacuum leak is not it. I hooked the laptop up to take a look at the ECU readings and the front AFR reading was all over the place while the car was just idling. The rear O2 reading was rock steady so it's looking like the front O2 is fried.

For anyone reading this later a new front oxygen sensor appeared to have fixed my P0131 code. In my case the sensor was actually outputting some erratic readings while just idling. I was able to see this behavior logging the front AFR or just looking at the instantaneous MPG while driving with constant throttle.

Ordered it from SubaruGenuineParts on Thursday morning and got it Saturday, with USPS priority mail. Thought about getting the $60 generic sensor from the auto parts store but decided I didn't want to mess around with splicing the wires. Or risk having it not 100% compatible. I did find out that NAPA has the Bosch 15011 for ~$10 cheaper than the dealers but none of them have it in stock.

Archived