LegacyGT.com

What to expect Stage 1

carguyco

Thanks for all replies. Assuming I went stage 2 with only an ECU reflash and gutting a cat or two, will my stock parts be able to handle all the extra power at the wheels? Will I get the same longevity out of the stock parts or will they wear quicker? Ought I to consider improving some of the stock parts?

I ask because it seems in my case, I can go to stage 2 for the same cost as stage 1: tactrix cable and Infmaous e-tune. Sounds too good to be true . . .

Naturally any time you increase the level of stress on a vehicle by putting down more power you'll be accelerating the wear rate of parts. The real question is: is it worth it to you to deal with any problems that arise from having additional power? Keep in mind, you gotta pay to play in this game. More power = more problems = more cost

As F-WDC mentioned, you may want to JB weld the IC endtanks for piece of mind. I've run the stock OEM IC at 16.5psi for a long time and it occasionally saw spikes over 20 psi without any problems. Others have had problems though.

There are some GREAT responses to my questions, really appreciate everyones inputs. Assuming I am happy to "pay to play", am I correct that I would not be placing undue stress on stock parts (except the IC which has been mentioned and a JB weld would remedy) and that all I would be doing is increasing the rate of wear and tear? In other words, I ought not expect something to suddenly break because of the extra power? And what parts are most likely to wear out quicker - tires, break pads, clutch . . . ? If I reflashed back to stock before a trip to the dealer, would they be covered under warranty and maintenance (not tires but other parts)?

Thanks again for all help

Archived