LegacyGT.com

exhaust e-cutout?

quick4dr

DMH makes some really nice cutouts. I had the low-profile electric cutouts on my 06 GTO with long tube headers. Definitely was very fun driving up to some people and opening the cutouts when they least expected it.

When you call DMH you typically get the owner on the phone and their customer service is very helpful.

Yamie700, do you have a picture of your setup? I have considered doing a cutout right before the y-pipe.

I fail to see the desire for "loud". A POS rust bucket with the mufflers falling off is loud. There is a huge difference between a motor that is "loud" and one that is "healthy".

Cut outs are for kids and old men with hot rods. If you have the engine, you don't need cut outs. If you are trying to impress someone, your going after the wrong crowd with that "loud" approach.

+1.......agree.......but on our cars it's still better than those fart-pipes the kids put on their Civics in NYC ! (and you ain't too old....just that , like Jimmy Hendrix said , you've "been experienced" ) :)

Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

LOL ! Yeah.....something like that. Seriously......that's what it was commonly known as (at least in Brooklyn!)...... You'd "dump" the exhaust before it got to the mufflers......loud as hell on those big blocks. (and illegal on the street). I remember a period of time when the fashion was to jack-up the rear of the car, slap on huge fat tires , and replace the fronts with itsy-bitsy wheels and tires! (Mags of course !).......(Red and white oval STP stickers an absolute must ! ) Soooo inefficient for any kind of driving other than street drag races. Glad that fad didn't stick around ! :). Beautiful set up on the car in your photo by the way......very clean. :)
Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

Archived