LegacyGT.com

today at my dealership........

bigb3630123

I walk in to pick up a few oil filters and crush washers....

"I'll take 2 oil filters and crush washers for an 05 Legacy GT"

"ok sir is that for a 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder."

"um..... 4 cylinder"

took me by surprise since this guy had a dirty mechanic shirt on. I would hope he knows his cars.

Then I ask him

"The 2010 has smaller crush washers right?... I just want to make sure I get the right one."

"No idea... let me check."

10 minutes later he returns with the answer.

Why do they hire these people to deal with us?

What do you expect? You live in a disposable society that pays "these people" a shit wage to deal with aggrivated customers all day.:lol:

I walk in to pick up a few oil filters and crush washers....

"I'll take 2 oil filters and crush washers for an 05 Legacy GT"

"ok sir is that for a 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder."

"um..... 4 cylinder"

took me by surprise since this guy had a dirty mechanic shirt on. I would hope he knows his cars.

Then I ask him

"The 2010 has smaller crush washers right?... I just want to make sure I get the right one."

"No idea... let me check."

10 minutes later he returns with the answer.

Why do they hire these people to deal with us?

was a mechanic and shop owner for over 30 years. manufacturers liked to switch and mess around so much that i gave up long ago trying to remember every little part and the changes made. i just verified everything. yea, and folks who thought i was supposed to know everything about "their" car drove me nuts.

Its not my car he should know about its a whole line of cars and not knowing how many cylinders they have. Also it would be nice to know where to find the answer to something quickly when asked not leave me standing there forever

we all wish for a higher level of service but who knows, maybe this guy worked as a tech for several years for another manufacturer before recently coming aboard to subaru. to him the '05 legacy GT vs a '98 SUS outback vs a '03 baja, they're all the same; ie. just another model in subaru's lineup; i doubt he can remember every single little part, esp a crush washer for each model year in the lineup. but i can understand being on your end, having to wait 10 minutes for a trivial piece of information just kinda makes you wish you never asked at all. haha.

was a mechanic and shop owner for over 30 years. manufacturers liked to switch and mess around so much that i gave up long ago trying to remember every little part and the changes made. i just verified everything. yea, and folks who thought i was supposed to know everything about "their" car drove me nuts.

I fully understand you. Same crap with computers...

There are specific models that you may be able to recite in your sleep (like which MY did Volvo get disc brakes), but to know everything about every model you must have an extraordinary mind.

453747.png

Archived