LegacyGT.com

Brakes feel stuck under wet conditions

JaeGT

conditions: car sitting more than 3hrs off, raining/snowing for an hour or so, i start the car and drive and when i put on the brakes and let go, it feels like the brakes get clamped for a second. this is driving through the city. at highway speeds it's fine. seems like the rain/snow is soaking something and causing this stickiness.

i dont get this 'stuck' feeling during dry weather. if anyone would know the culprit, i would be much appreciated. also, will the solution be under warranty? (since im still under 36k). Thanks in advance.

:lol: ill take your word frozennorth. thanks for the replies! i just never had this happen driving in my previous car nor my parents' cars.

is there a way to get rid of this or is the only way is replacing the calipers or rotors? Thanks.

Try packing your rims full of snow, then letting them sit overnight with sub zero temps. In the morning you would swear somthing rips off the car when you first move it in the morning from the snow/ice melting and freezing on them...:lol:

i did this once; it was terrible. now i always go to the car wash to rinse everything out before i come home if i know theres a lot of snow/slush packed in there. good thing i live 1min away from a DIY wash.

i also had snow packed under my car, so that my car sounded throaty, like i had an exhaust. it was fun for the first two days, but as it melted i guess got smaller, and later sounded like i had a loud rattle from my car LOL.

:lol: ill take your word frozennorth. thanks for the replies! i just never had this happen driving in my previous car nor my parents' cars.

is there a way to get rid of this or is the only way is replacing the calipers or rotors? Thanks.

This is the first car I've had where this happened, too. I got StopTech slotted rotors (not in an attempt to get rid of this), and they do the same thing. Just something you gotta be prepared for...I suppose you can keep it from being a problem by dragging the brakes for a few hundred feet, or just making a few moderate stops.

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

^ thats what i usually do when i feel the rust breaking loose or see excessive rust after rain/snow. I just hold the brake and drag it a few hundred feet, i then do an aggressive stop at a light or stop sign and that fixes it.

Archived