LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy Parts Information Thread

What parts, body kits, etc by any of the Japanese manufacturers are you interested in for the 05 legacies? Please provide as much detailed information as possible including manufacturer , links, pictures, pricing if you can find it, etc. I am submitting a proposal to a distributor who can provide the US market with such items. If you know the STi Legacy has parts that you would be interested in, please list as much information as possible since we will be using this thread as a frame of reference. While not all things can be obtained easily, we will aim to provide as many as possible if we can get our distributor on board. Currently we can get the STi lip spoilers.

I'm sure for body kits, I've seen people requesting Hippo Sleek and Gialla. I like the STI lip (front and rear spoiler). Also, I'm diggin' the Tommy Kaira bumper for the new Legacy. Gives it a clean look. I know SUBE doesn't like it though, haha. But hey if we all liked the same thing, it'd be a boring world!
-ben

For me, I'd be a source for JDM bumpers for one thing. That alone will give me a lot more options as far as aero parts go. Many people (including me) have a strong intrest in the Gialla aero parts, namely the Corsa parts for the B4: [url]http://www.gialla.co.jp/gialla/catalog/corsa/200401legacyb4.html[/url] The wheels from Gialla also look nice: [url]http://www.gialla.co.jp/gialla/catalog/wheel/vulcano/vulcano.html[/url] There has also been a lot of rising intrest in the Hippo Sleek stuff found here: [url]http://www.hipposleek.co.jp/index.html[/url] Anything STi will probably sell well around here. Lots of fanboys! :P

Guest *Jedimaster*
I'm interested in anything that'll fit the Wagon/ Outback. Also, interior enhancements would be nice.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Y'know what would also be nice? A kit to retrofit pistons under the hood instead of having an economy car style prop rod.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Well damn man- I'm not in Cali, but I'd send pix or whatever you need- I really hate those el cheapo hood prop rods.

(1) JDM bumpers (almost any JDM bumpers look better than the USDM ones) (2) JDM HIDs (not sure if they will work with LHD, also Paul said they are not very bright IIRC) (3) JDM Navi System if you can find the right piece of software for the US.

This Space For Rent

[quote name='brady_bunch']Hey, Kevin, Is there a Subaru part that replaces the stock center console bezel/face with one that allows for after market stereos? I've heard rumors that Subaru would provide one if asked. Any word?[/quote] Reading in the Interior/Stereo forum tells me that Subaru WILL be providing them! :)

Also is the JDM front bumber realy diffrent on the new leg?

Oh, yeah.... the white one below is the JDM version.

The lower front bumper starts evenly with the headlights and angles back towards the rear of the vehicle.

On the USDM, the lower front bumper juts out a bit and then angles back.

On the rear bumpers, the JDM version doesn't jut out as much. I think the JDM bumpers give the vehicle a more muscular, aggressive look without looking like the vehicle has been modified.

1987234890_USDMsideshot.jpg.15866e19b2386839c3fd718639292d87.jpg

228244853_JDMsideshot.jpg.90e9cd60554c246113f3806dbe6783e3.jpg

Guess I'm too biased towards seeing the USDM stuff too much and I like the longer nose and boot. The non-North American spec looks sort of blunt both fore and aft in a way, at least the side view pic like the bottom makes me feel that way.

[quote name='SUBE555']Guess I'm too biased towards seeing the USDM stuff too much and I like the longer nose and boot. The non-North American spec looks sort of blunt both fore and aft in a way, at least the side view pic like the bottom makes me feel that way.[/quote] I also noticed the grill insert is diffrent. I think I would like a more of B4 look to the USDM Leg.. I think it looks too much like prior UDM models and not like the redesigned car that it is. I guess it may just be me, I have been craveing a B4 for four years and I guess I have to be happy with the GT as is for time being. Untill I figure out how to get the Hippo Sleek body kit. I wonder how hard it will be to take the front grill out...

B4Maniac, watch the double-posting. ;) As for making it more B4 looking, what do you mean? If you get a sedan, you're getting a B4. B4=sedan in Japan. Not a trim or look, just a body type of the Legacy line.

That's all it is to replace one on current and past models. Pulled the grilles on my mom's RS and me GT for maintainence, piece of cake, just don't break the very fragile clips. If you're pulling the parts, might want to have an extra set of clips on hand. ;)

Archived