LegacyGT.com

Gold Rush Subaru in Auburn CA

elib

Anyone else use Gold Rush Subaru in Auburn? I was just wondering if anyone knew how they do with modded cars and warranty. I'm thinking about getting an AP but don't want them to screw me. Anyone have any experience with them?

What are you thinking bout taking your car in for? I believe dealerships only bring up mods if you try to claim warranty work, and the mods are the cause of the breakdown.

You could also just unmarry it before you take it in=p

Ya, I'm thinking about AP and possibly stage 2. Just wanted to see if anyone has had them freak re: mods.

Stage 1 = unmarry and go get your warranty work

Stage 2 = No longer road legal in CA. Race cats do not make a car road legal in CA. If Subie was an exhaust shop in CA they would tell you to get your damn car out of their lot before they get fined. If your turbo grenades or you break your tranny, better have a real good rapport with that dealer to get warranty work. I am fairly certain the dealer would have no issues doing a clutch job or other work on a stage 2 car.

Stage 3 = probably not gonna get warranty work unless it is a wheel bearing - but don't leave your Stage3 car at the dealer!!!

(watch the youtube vid of the techs beating on a customer car)

Basic rule of thumb. Hope it helps.

EDIT: I AM STAGE 2 IN SoCal BTW! Catted DP

yeh, i'm trying to decide what route to go... i might have found a good deal on a vf52. If he does sell, then I will wait to get a tune for that. If not, I'll just get a basic stg 2 tune...

Either way I should find out by the end of the month and i'll let you know =)

Archived