LegacyGT.com

Making a jump from Endless to Stoptech BBKs comments on their street pads???

MGV101

Finally, I could not resist the propaganda of the StopTech BBKs anymore and decided to make a jump on their front + rear kits.

I noticed that the stoptech street performance pads are included with the kit but I have rarely heard any comments about them.

Currently, I am using endless CCX on my endless 6 piston calipers in front and Hawk HP+ on stock calipers at the rear and I am not sure if I can accept the downgrade from a street/track crossover pad to street only pads especially when I am already running on semi slick tires (call me crazy or reckless if you want but I absolutely loved the use of semi slick tires on the street and I do heat them up pretty well on a spirited day). The pedal feel on the crossover pads are excellent.

I really would like to hear some comments on the stoptech pads especially on the pedal feed back and whether they are sufficient to handle the grip of semi slick tires.

I have already gone WAY over budget here after discovering their "new" trophy line of calipers as I could not resist their sexy anodized aluminium finishing and I really cannot afford to grab another set of brake pads.

Just had as short discussion with the guys at StopTech and I guess the street pads would be sufficient for now. My main worry was actually brake fade (had a few extremely scary moments before due to fade) and was informed that those pads are able to handle temps up to 1300F.

No fade on the CCX pads. I was just afraid that by moving back to street pads I might.

Had some very scary moments back in the days with stock caliper/pads when driving down our local mountain "tracks". Even when I am driving very conservatively, it would fade (to the point where there is virtually no brakes) just half way down the "track".

I installed the Stoptech Street Performance series pads that they have for the stock '05 Legacy GT rotors on my car and love them so far. They were much dustier than oem's when I first put them on, but it seems like that settled down, but to be honest its hard to tell with all the snow and cinders on the roads here the past couple months.

From talking to the guy from where I bought the pads, he said Stoptech was rolling these out to replace Axxis Ultimates on the BBK's and that the pads/compounds were very similar. I was looking for the Axxis Ultimates so I gave them a try.

They have great initial bite unlike some performance pads that let you plow through the first couple stop signs...been there, done that, too many kids and deer on my street.

I've never noticed any fading, though I probably don't drive it hard enough for that to be a factor. They're much better than stock and very consistent, even with the cold temps we've had here.

There is a real disparity in opinions on brake pads however (Hawk HPS for example), so your mileage may vary.

I never liked the Axxis Ultimates. Dusty and noisy... and I made the mistake of thinking they were good enough for a track day. :redface: The good news, I suppose, is that I destroyed them and had to search for a new pad.

I LOVE what I found, which was the Performance Friction 1038's (link to Zeckhausen, whom I also recommend.)

From the site, "Performance Friction (PFC) 1038 pads can be used for daily driving as well as light to medium duty track use. Excellent cold bite and friction level. Surprisingly low dust and low noise for a pad that can be taken to the race track on weekends. Ideal for track events and driving schools for drivers who would rather not swap between street and track pads."

As a daily-driving pad, they are outstanding. Low dust, great cold bite, and quiet. I didn't track the LGT last year though, so I can't give an opinion of track performance.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I never liked the Axxis Ultimates. Dusty and noisy... and I made the mistake of thinking they were good enough for a track day. :redface: The good news, I suppose, is that I destroyed them and had to search for a new pad.

I LOVE what I found, which was the Performance Friction 1038's (link to Zeckhausen, whom I also recommend.)

From the site, "Performance Friction (PFC) 1038 pads can be used for daily driving as well as light to medium duty track use. Excellent cold bite and friction level. Surprisingly low dust and low noise for a pad that can be taken to the race track on weekends. Ideal for track events and driving schools for drivers who would rather not swap between street and track pads."

As a daily-driving pad, they are outstanding. Low dust, great cold bite, and quiet. I didn't track the LGT last year though, so I can't give an opinion of track performance.

that sounded attractive but they don't make those pad for the rear do they (ST-22)? I don't want to mess up the brake bias by using different pads front and back

Anyway I've already placed my order so I am going to see how the stoptech pad included with the kit would perform first.

that sounded attractive but they don't make those pad for the rear do they (ST-22)? I don't want to mess up the brake bias by using different pads front and back

Anyway I've already placed my order so I am going to see how the stoptech pad included with the kit would perform first.

Dunno. I only have a BBK for the front... stock rear with Hawk HPS pads.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Archived