LegacyGT.com

confused...unconfuse me please w/out flames

carguyco

I am assuming having the OS software allows you to fine tune your car instead of just use basemaps and rely on someone elses tuning?

Which means one would have to have some knowledge...which one would get by reading and talking with others more knowledgeable?

This option sounds like the way to go if you want to UNDERSTAND what is going on with your car...which I do....so this is the way I think I would go...

I'm making a list.....ERZ DP okay you think?

The problem with reading reviews is that the review is only as good as the reviewer...I am slowly learning from reading on here whom should be listened to and whom not....the respected posters are obvious and the others are just as obvious...looks like I have two respected posters here chiming in back to back...so I will shut up and listen.....

Thanks

I haven't heard of that DP. I can't comment. There shouldn't be a whole lot of difference b/w DP's. I don't like the Perrin for fitment reasons and if I were choosing I'd probably pick the Invidia, although I haven't explored other options. I'd get a catted one though.

I would buy the Tactrix cable right away and download the software mentioned earlier. Without making any changes to your car you can at least get some Learning View's (LV's) and start understanding the information your car will provide you. You can also practice logging, get your parameters set up, etc.. and just get the "feel" of what you'll be doing all while your car is bone stock. And you'll get some great baseline info too. Spend a week or two playing with that and reading up here and the romraider links that NSFW provided.

Take it slow and every $ can be spent very wisely. Don't start buying intakes and BOV's which are classic noob mistakes. ;)

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Archived