LegacyGT.com

New LGT and a questions

• I Donated
I just bought my second legacy (97 GT w/ 5 speed). I was told that the clutch was recently replaced, and since then the odometer has stopped working, but the speedometer is still working. What will cause this and whats entailed in fixing this problem?

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
Everything but the odometer is working. I guess when the clutch got changed out (prior owner did it himself) the odo stopped working.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

That is weird that it stopped working when the clutch was replaced. You could pull the gauges out and there is a plug for the odometer. This led mod video will show you where it is.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124039

Follow that wire and make sure everything looks good. Thats weird that speedo works but not the odomoter. Hope this is a good start.

• I Donated
No luck with the odo yet....but I drove the car for the first time after dark yesterday and my gauge lights don't work. I checked my fuse boxes and everything checked out ok. I pulled the cluster and bulbs were ok, and I didn't see any wiring shorts anywhere. Could this be related? Past fuses and blown bulbs for the lights, I don't know where else to look

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated
gauge cluster lights, odometer, and trip meter don't work. Speedometer works just fine, gas gauge, temp gauge, dummy lights, etc all work though.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

That sounds like an unplugged harness... Ive had intermittent problems with my speedo and odo not working, but never the lights. But having had mine out at least 20-30 times, it sounds very likely there is a wiring problem behind the cluster. Thats the only real logical explanation...

Archived