LegacyGT.com

Why Do Some 4th Gen Sedans Sit Higher?

Recently I've noticed a few 4th gen sedans that seem to sit higher and definitely have much larger wheels gaps. It doesn't seem to be specific to trim levels or non GT cars. I've noticed them on the roads so maybe it's just older models. I found an ebay auction that has pics of what I'm talking about.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300388202569&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

http://i.ebayimg.com/05/%21%21fm-fGw%212E~$%28KGrHqEH-CsEs7rLkOZNBLWOppgo7w~~_4.JPG

:lol:

Dust, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'll sell you!

I already sold that bridge ................to a couple of people ! ( I see a bunch a those outback Legacys on the Taconic Parkway....always a weird sight ) :)

Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

Recently I've noticed a few 4th gen sedans that seem to sit higher and definitely have much larger wheels gaps. It doesn't seem to be specific to trim levels or non GT cars. I've noticed them on the roads so maybe it's just older models. I found an ebay auction that has pics of what I'm talking about.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300388202569&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I think this is an attempt to stop the horror of the two tone outbacks. I guess subaru realized how terrible it looks after getting a good hard look at the Avalanche and Aztek for a few years. I wish they are all color matched.

But you checked the wrong car. That's a 2010, the model for sale is the 4th gen. Inside blog also has the tire sizes WRONG. I went to double check.

The 4th gen stats are:

225/55 R17 95V high performance all season

The 5th gen stats are:

225/60R17 Continenetal ContiPro-Contact all season tires, 17" alloy wheels

i never understood the purpose of the outback sedan

who wants to drive a stilted 4 door??

Wow, lots of Outback sedan haters! Up here in Maine I know A LOT of people that lust for one. It's the perfect car for up here. Subaru reliability, durability, but the ground clearance of an Outback to take on our awful, terrible, monstrosities of roads in the winter!

i never understood the purpose of the outback sedan

who wants to drive a stilted 4 door??

I think it was good to offer an Outback sedan for those who wanted the clearance. The diminishing choices from Subaru (no more Outback sedan, no more non-Outback wagon) just provides another example of cost cutting, sadly.

I think it was good to offer an Outback sedan for those who wanted the clearance. The diminishing choices from Subaru (no more Outback sedan, no more non-Outback wagon) just provides another example of cost cutting, sadly.

LMAO :lol:

This is a joke at this point. The Outback sedan sold like crap for the 4th gen. Talk about a super niche product. I realize this and I'm not a hater. For the record the 1998-2004 Outback sedan was my FAVORITE Subaru during its time. the Last generation just looked to bulky and stilted.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I liked the 2nd gen. SUS introduction to these, and the 3rd gen. OB sedans are VERY popular here in the NorthEast.

However, I just don't know why, but the 4th gen. just does not flow well with that raised suspension. It looks very cumbersome (for lack of a better word).

Archived