LegacyGT.com

DRL DISABLE leads to unFunctional Windows?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DAMNIT!!! when i disable my DRL my windows dont work either. Epic fail x2. Hey ssabat is your car an unlimited? Mine is. I was wondering if that might be one of the reasons

I got a limited man! This sucks! RAO where are you when we need you!

What could seriously be the reason? I mean if almost anyone can do it and also if someone could also do it blind in about 5 seconds, where are we getting f'd?

This is really weird -

I have an '05 Limited 5MT, an early-build '04, actually.

The '05-'06 Walk-Through worked for me, without any problems.

A friend of mine from our local Subaru club (LERSOC), who lives only a few blocks down from me, in the same neighborhood, also performed this mod on his '05 Limited 5MT (a true '05 build, IIRC), and also did *not* see any problems.

This is really, really weird......

BruceBruce and ssabat, can you guys post your vehicle's pins from those two connectors? Maybe they are uniquely different from the rest of ours?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

BruceBruce and ssabat, can you guys post your vehicle's pins from those two connectors? Maybe they are uniquely different from the rest of ours?

What do you mean by this? You want me to take a picture of it? Like where each color wire goes into its spot in the plug?

^ Not necessarily post a picture, but simply trace the pin locations, and see if they match with the published "Vacation Pix" diagrams'.

I can't help but wonder if there's something unique to both of your vehicles that causes this to happen, whereas the vast majority - nearly all - of the rest of us do not see an issue.

The problem is obviously real, and it's obviously one that at least *some* among our ranks will suffer - but what causes it is, so far, an unknown.....

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

ok when i get my car back ill attack the brown wire i guess

;) If you can't pull the terminal out of the connector, just snip it. If that doesn't work and you snipped it (because anything could happen on your car being wired weird), just crimp it back together, and it's right as rain (or wrong because your DRL will still be enabled). GL. Oh, and if you don't have a brown wire, then something is really not right, or the factory guy was color blind that day.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Well, add this to the list.

I've had my LGT since December. I found out about the "seat belt mod" and did it today by buckling/unbuckling 20 times. I stopped and started the engine a couple times running errands, seemed OK.

I started it earlier, and I was unable to turn on the radio. I am 99% sure that I left it on before I turned off the engine last. Still, it did not come on initially and pressing the power button did nothing. I went ahead and stopped the engine, turning it to "acc", then to "on". Everything powered up, including the radio. I proceeded to start the engine, radio stayed on.

:confused:

^ That's an intermittent electrical glitch which many of us have experienced - and should be unrelated, totally, to the DRL issue.

I've seen this little glitch, once, in the so far 5 or so years I've had my LGT, a true daily-driven vehicle.

It's akin to the volume-"autoadjust" and "ILL.6" ghosts, albeit typically much less frequent. ;)

Do either of these "unique" vehicles have the independent fog lights mod done on them?

^ Mine - which does not experience the power-windows problem - has a fog-light modification, although I can't, for the life of me, remember which one I did or how I did it. :lol:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35066&highlight=fog

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10782&highlight=fog

All I know for sure is that my fogs are slaved so that only when the parking lamp is illuminated, can they be turned on - but they'll turn off either with the parking lamps disengaged or when I've engaged the high-beams.

Archived