LegacyGT.com

Ahh the benefits of Cheap modding!

there are a few pics and a write up somewhere here on the forums. just search it and you will find it.

so a quick reference, you have to take your airbox out, and it should be right below your air intake box. if your 08 is the same as my 05, i believe it would be. mine was out when i got it. might have to take it out from below, cant remember off hand

And doesn't half the world swear by the stock paper filters? :lol:

If they are young I dont think its right to swear by them. If they are 18 yrs. or older I dont care what you do by them.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

hid's will make your car assplode for sure!

I haven't heard of this happening.

However, unless you've filled your squirrel-spotters, you're a half-a$$ed modder.

OP: sorry to thread-jack, goodbye.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Really the only "benefits to the hogzhaust and the intake silencer delete is the sound. I'm still at a loss on why people do the hogzhaust. Its like somebody said, "I've got a great idea! Lets give my car an exhaust leak!" It disrupts the entire flow on the exhaust and if anything hurts performance.

I just graduated from college and I bought my legacy as a graduation present to myself. But, I managed to mod my previous car with real mods while I was still in school. Plus, I paid my bills and had a wife to provide for. Granted, I worked full time all through college and my job does pay pretty reasonably, but still. I'm not saying it is easy, but it can be done.

Ps. And there aren't any jobs out there right now. It sucks.

Really the only "benefits to the hogzhaust and the intake silencer delete is the sound. I'm still at a loss on why people do the hogzhaust...

Ps. And there aren't any jobs out there right now. It sucks.

If you don't "get" the hawg-zaust no one is going to explain it to you. 140,000 views and 2500 posts can't be wrong (I have a full turboback so no hawgzaust for me)

ps: I know there are not jobs right now. I have laid off all 12 of my employees over the last 2 years. I am laughing WITH you not AT you.;) I am in the same boat.

I thought that, too, when I got my ME degree back in '93. But halfway through college the aerospace industry collapsed here in SoCal, and I ended up managing a pizza place for a year and a half before getting a 'real' job... and I ended up going out to Detroit just to find that engineering job. Stayed there for 12 surprisingly good years, too, before coming home. Hang in there, and don't be afraid to try a a field or location that you hadn't previously considered.

Oh, and don't spend any money modding your car: that's REALLY not a good long-term investment!

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

haha, hell yea, its ridiculous. I was expecting just to waltz around with my engineering degree and ask for money :lol:

Yeah, I wouldn't count on that. I finished an engineering Ph.D in June, and just started a job, after looking for about a year.

The job market is really slow right now. The jobs are out there, but its a matter of getting your resume to land on the right person's desk. The good news is that most of the blanket hiring freezes are over, so companies are starting limited hiring.

My current set up as we speak!

1. Hogzaust

2. Perrin Panel Filter

3. Intake Silencer Removed

4. 4300k HIDs

BOXERWOOOSH =]

I hate being a college kid! bring on the real job!

Everything else is fine but NO hogzaust. Yes, bend those tabs so you reduce the glare from your HIDs. You've gotta be careful whom you listen to on this site. It's become a joke like NASIOC.

I went thru college and thru grad school modding the car - so it can be done. And paid for it all by myself.

Yeah, I wouldn't count on that. I finished an engineering Ph.D in June, and just started a job, after looking for about a year.

The job market is really slow right now. The jobs are out there, but its a matter of getting your resume to land on the right person's desk. The good news is that most of the blanket hiring freezes are over, so companies are starting limited hiring.

Wow took you that long ? I am defending my PhD ...errr Tuesday in 2 days but I had a job lined up since September. Started it 2 weeks ago.

I never did hawgzaust but it sounded ok for what it was. Not many cars an pull this off. I had enough leaks to not be as eager to purposely make one happen. I did the silencer removal back in my complete stock airbox days. It isn't as hard as it sounds to do.

As for jobs see location. cops, fire, and ems are still getting let go. Some places have soo many spare cop cars they could stick a "auxiliary" magnet over "police" and dispatchers 2 can have take homes.

I work at Mutual of Omaha as a Financial Advising Intern! I'm loving the growth in the investment/ insurance agency! Let's not drop all our 401ks on mortgages! let's invest in Mutual of Omaha, I'll hook it up =]

I'm about to so something like that but I'm not gonna name them.

Archived