LegacyGT.com

first tank of fuel in the LGT...wow

Just throwing my hat in the ring, i'm getting 22-23 mpg from my GT-B, no mods, running 98 RON fuel and keeping it gentle unless some tw@t boy racer starts acting up. I think i would get better mpg out of her if i got her remapped for 98 as i think she still wants to drink the Jap 100 fire water.

Any thoughts?

My average mpg on my computer said 20.4 and I calculated 19.4

I also have been seeing my tire pressure monitor come on twice now in 2 months. No mods on my LGT. I wonder if I have been running on low PSI...I should be seeing at least into the 20's on mostly city and not too much sprinted driving.

I also have been seeing my tire pressure monitor come on twice now in 2 months. No mods on my LGT. I wonder if I have been running on low PSI...I should be seeing at least into the 20's on mostly city and not too much sprinted driving.

How long do you idle/warm the car?

Usually 30 seconds, up to 2 mins if I forget my wallet/phone and have to run back into the house. The only warm up my car gets is no hard acceleration or past 3,000 rmps until the blue light goes off. Any comments on this? I live in the Seattle area where average winter temps are mid 40's.

if it's not long idles and spirited driving maybe winter gas mix is where you have the drop. Even then you still have a higher reading than me with my 5eat. My car idles as long as it takes for me to get my coat & boots on and clean the snow/ice off.

I know the mazda has a hidden code that won't send a cel for beating on a cold engine do we have that too?

If it comes on at startup and after a long off time, its probably low tire pressure. It raises as you drive because the air gets warmer and the light goes away.

That's my assumption anyway. My tire pressure sensors are not on my car and it always displays the light, which means the TPMS computer is not smart enough to realize I don't have them. And that means they probably also didn't think about cold tire pressures at startup.

I avg. 23-24 MPH with my Stage 2+ '05 LGT....

My personal best on a tank is 28.1 MPG (all interstate).

Is that based of your calculations or your MPG computer?

I think my TPMS has been coming on because we have had semi warm temps (mid 40s) and then some drastically colder nights. I brought this issue up because I know low tire pressure can really hurt your MPG.

Is that based of your calculations or your MPG computer?

I think my TPMS has been coming on because we have had semi warm temps (mid 40s) and then some drastically colder nights. I brought this issue up because I know low tire pressure can really hurt your MPG.

Calculations.... I use http://www.fuelly.com to log all my fuel

mileage....

http://www.fuelly.com/sig-us/15303.png

Does the accessport stage 2 93 base map lower your mpg because it runs rich to be safe? Im averaging like 17-18mpg and not really driving hard.

depending on the generic internet tuner yes you run rich for safety. I got a local tune and my mpg and 1/4 times got better.

Okay 2nd tank...not as good....I drove almost non stop on S# and stayed in the throttle a bit more...

21.2 MPG...still not bad....but I think i'll pick my spots..for instance cruising down my mountain pass at 55 mpg I doubt I need S#..

Archived