LegacyGT.com

Installing a trunk lid mounted Rifle Rack

mog1017

Or grab the green sleeve from wal mart if you don't have funky lasers, wstis, nvgs, and grips added to it. Granted when I had my shotgun it was in a state where you could open carry it. Man I miss my 590 sp.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The hooks are made by a company called Rugged Gear. They are made from bendable aluminum strips with soft rubber and neoprene to clamp onto the gun. The velcro strap holds the aluminum strap in place. Been driving around for two days and the gun is still just as tight as I put it in there.

I don't have any problems with my gun in the door panel pocket. It's a little tight to pull out in a hurry, but it fits fine. I usually take it out when it rains or snows, I don't know if you noticed but the rain gutter on the roof of the car does a good job of making the water fall down in the drivers door area.

By the way, the gun is a full size .40 cal Springfield XDM. 16+1

Nice gun ;)

I have the XD40, even with changing the grips on the M, it still never fit just right in my hand. The regular XD was a perfect fit though.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

• 2 weeks later...

You know... I'm glad I found this thread because I actually thought about this a few days ago. I have a CWP for Virginia and I'm always carrying either my Glock 23 or Ruger LCP, but I thought "What if one day some psycho starts opening fire on cars on the highway and I need to defend myself from a distance? A handgun won't do from that far... If only I could mount my M4 in my trunk for emergencies..."

Bingo, I found this thread and might actually start fabricating something.

You know... I'm glad I found this thread because I actually thought about this a few days ago. I have a CWP for Virginia and I'm always carrying either my Glock 23 or Ruger LCP, but I thought "What if one day some psycho starts opening fire on cars on the highway and I need to defend myself from a distance? A handgun won't do from that far... If only I could mount my M4 in my trunk for emergencies..."

Bingo, I found this thread and might actually start fabricating something.

Yeah I miss NoVa and having my G22 loaded on the seat. If you ever get into a situation like that, you might just need to run that red light camera and stay clear of the barry farm area. If you get stuck on 395 there should be enough unmarked ffx county cops lurking around that one marked car causing the traffic jam.

Archived