LegacyGT.com

Looking for a cheap exhaust mod???

pags23

I want the sound of a $700 exhaust but only spend around $200-$250 for it, any ideas? no hog-zawst, just looking for an axle back or something. Used new idc, just good shape. Reason im looking so cheap is because i leased a 09 legacy 2.5i special edition...

I got a couple Q's, what is a resonator do? and Los AngelesLGT the search string doesn't work.. Dou you guys know where I can get them from?

A resonator has only one purpose: to quiet down your car/smooth out the exhaust note. If you bypass the stock resonator it makes very little difference since the mufflers drown out most of the noise. You will want a resonator on a 3" exhaust though, or the sounds is going to be harsh.

On the search for a new DD...

A resonator has only one purpose: to quiet down your car/smooth out the exhaust note. If you bypass the stock resonator it makes very little difference since the mufflers drown out most of the noise. You will want a resonator on a 3" exhaust though, or the sounds is going to be harsh.

^What he said

I have a Up, 3"dp, non resonated catback (GMK) and I am going to add a resonator in the straight section to mellow it out to a more stock sound. I am unconcerned about power loss. ItsMe has 340whp (I have driven his car WOT) with magnaflow and a resonator in the middle and it is quiet and lets you know when you are on it but not all crazy "HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT ME"

Archived