LegacyGT.com

How many miles are on your 2nd gen Legacy?

I was really going to check the ABS sensors today. Got one wheel off and was looking at how to get the sensor off. (Thanks again to SBT for the great info/diagrams) when the neighbor kids wanted to know when I was going help them finish building their first 4 wheel vehicle.

The two in front are 10 years old, the one in back is 9. They had a great time testing it out.

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z446/davesandersons/0330031809.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

New-ish swapped motor just hit 85,001i have put 4001miles on it since I slapped it in the car which hit 232,897 as I pulled into my driveway after work..motor working great and sounding good..

I think I'm hearing some noise coming through the front differential or the 4eat...can't distinguish it though its a strange sound, like a light scraping when turning a corner under partial throttle and taking off from a dead stop while flooring the pedal. Car takes off like it should but that sound comes in around 1800rpm and goes away around 2400 its pretty fast and sounds rotational. Any ideas?

Any issues doing locked right or left turns? Ask because I've heard center diffs do this when they need attention.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Put it into 1st, turn the steering wheel all the way to lock (right or left) and drive around in a circle for a couple cycles and see if the torque bind is back. That's what your description sounds like.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Might be a loose heat shield, a common noise maker in that area and at odd RPMs.

Ichecked on those first but they are good and the sound only replicates when I'm driving in gear turning, all of my splash shields are intact which is what I thought first , I was scraping them with my tires turning which it does kind of sound like SBT, But more like a wire brush on concrete..