LegacyGT.com

Audi headlight LED Strip?

massdrewski

Would the LED Strip look good on the 05-09 legacy?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Would the LED Strip look good on the 05-09 legacy?

• Yes
    • No
    • put the crack pipe down

I have seen on here where some have done it but it seemed to me that they were burning out too often. You have to take apart your assembly every time to replace them and that doesn't sound appealing.

But I would do it in a heartbeat if it would last...

• 3 weeks later...

did it about a year or so ago, like sikopath said I kept running into problems with LEDs burning out without a regulator, I am actually working on a custom design for something similar with bigger bulbs more spaced out like the Audis...

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt344/docholladay23/JuneShoot5-1.jpg

I have mine on top of the headlight housings in place of the weather stripping between the lights and hood. I use them as my DRL's since I have HID's.

Just curious, but how did you wire these?

(Sorry for the hi-jack)

I did some translating of the website...They charge $2k to do the swap.

Most of the page is jsut describing the lights. Saying how they appear blue from straight on, but are actually white LEDs. The rest of it describes the aluminum strip on the top and the fit and finish.

Looks cool, but too rich for my blood!!!

I did some translating of the website...They charge $2k to do the swap.

Most of the page is jsut describing the lights. Saying how they appear blue from straight on, but are actually white LEDs. The rest of it describes the aluminum strip on the top and the fit and finish.

Looks cool, but too rich for my blood!!!

Cool, thanks.

Yeah, definitely not spending that much. I might buy a second set of headlights though and make it a project :)

2007 Spec.B

That is effing sweet. that is exactly how i was thinking of doing my headlight. but i dont know where i can just buy them done like that. Its hard for legacy, everything has to be custom, unlike for bmws or wrx's. if u know somewhere i can buy these pre made lemme know, would be awsome

• 5 months later...
It looks so good..................... on Audi's

otherwise its just the second-coming of BMW halos

Agree. Why not put BMW halo's on, and while you're at it... rice the car out with the fake quarter panel vents too.

Our cars are nice, why rice it out to look like a car it's (IMO) just as good at if not better in appearance.

This is something I'd expect to see on a civic, not a nice legacy.

Archived