LegacyGT.com

This forum is teh sex...

Goodjob paying a premium on todays cheap manufacturing standards,

I paid 25,000$ less than you and I still have tried and tested Subaru all wheel drive,

and I dont sit in a forum and try to mock people that perfer the classics

I think he thinks that you folks with the BL's and BP's are mocking us 2nd gen guys.

Therefore he's justifying why he has a 2nd gen and harassing you for falling for "cheap manufacturing standards" of newer cars.

He doesn't understand that you aren't mocking people for having older cars. You are mocking people for having the dumb.

If he honestly bought a '99 (or something in that gen) for $1k then I whole heartedly support his statement of $25k less. However.... considering that most of us bought our '05-'06's for around $26-27k I'm not quite sure what his point is. :iam:

As for cheap manufacturing standards... again... not sure what he's alluding to. :confused: My '05 had it's short comings as did all first model years of a new gen but there was nothing cheap about it.

So in the end.... still confused what exactly he means. :lol: I used to own an '02 and loved it, there is not hate here, just confused on his misguided and unknowledgeable foresight he's trying to bring on this site. :)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Guest heightsgtltd
and out of curiosity, since he "prefers the classics" does that mean that all things being equal he'd rather a 2nd gen than a BL or BP?

OMFGBBQ second gen subarus are teh best because I have one! LOLZ!!1

Honestly, my leggy is the cheapest DD I could find that suited my needs for NH winters. My M3 is the summer machine.

That said though, I have been having a ton of fun rallyXing the Subie! I'm also doing a TSD rally in two weeks, which should be fun (SCCA FLR on Feb 20). There's something to be said about having a car you don't give two shits about... no worries!

As for manufacturing standards, amp really needs to wake up and smell the reality. Manufacturing quality has risen sharply with the advent of new technology (industrial robots) and tighter standards, and new cars are no exception. I'd love a BP or whatever body style you guys have, but my Leggy was cheaper than a new set of winter tires/wheels for the M3, and I don't have to get salt all over my bimmer. AND my insurance went down for both cars (multi-car discount FTW)!

I'm sorry, but these leggies are not classics. It's one of the most generic cars I know of (next to the camry, of course); it doesn't have enough character to be ANYTHING, let alone a classic. Sorry guys.

dude! i love my gt, and it's definitely a standout around here (not many black 98 limiteds :p) the day it gets compared to a camry is a day i drive into a gulley or something. and it's NOT today haha. then again, i'm speaking as a first car buyer, so there's definitely a piece of me with my subie

dude! i love my gt, and it's definitely a standout around here (not many black 98 limiteds :p) the day it gets compared to a camry is a day i drive into a gulley or something. and it's NOT today haha. then again, i'm speaking as a first car buyer, so there's definitely a piece of me with my subie

It's one thing to love your Subie. I love mine too, for what it is. It's a great, no frills car that I'm having more fun with than I ever thought possible.

However, it's a completely different thing to think it's a standout. It may be YOUR standout car, but they're ridiculously common.

Regardless it's still a Subaru, and you're in new england.

....Definitely not rare. Not even a stand out to be completely honest.

Agreed. I've been learning to think of cars as tools lately, and this is definitely the right tool for the job.

Archived