LegacyGT.com

Trade my LGT for a TL?

I'm kind of feeling the Acura TL again, I sat in it at the car show yesterday, it has all those goodies that we don't get; navi, bluetooth, stuff like that. Who here chose between the LGT and TL and why? I sort of want to see what Acura will give me for my LGT. I have driven the TL and I did like it, but it sort of felt like a boat and FWD isn't so great. Convince me not to..I'll start

A TL with 6sp and Navi would probably be around 37K, my LGT is 27K, plus I think the LGT handles a lot better.

Flame away!!

Are navigation and bluetooth worth losing 50hp, AWD, and more money? I'm there are aftermarket navi systems out there that can be installed if you're really that concerned about it. Personally, I just used maps like I have always done. :confused:

I just remember from the test drive how much torque steer there was especially with the 6-speed, not as bad with the automatic. I much prefer the driving characteristics of the LGT, it feels faster and more nimble. Now if they made the TL with a AWD, then it would be tough to convince you to not get it, if you could afford it.

Also consider if you are upside down on you loan you may have to pay a few grand to pay it off as dealers rape you on trade in. Put a few grand into the legacy and you can have every creature comfort the TL has plus and it will be much faster and more fun to drive.

Let me say that I have wanted a new TL since they came out with the new design for 04.. I've drove both the TL 6-speed and the Legacy the same weekend.. The TL looks great, and even better on paper.. When I drove the car, I was completely underwhelmed. The engine has no balls down low, which makes clutch starts an interesting proposition. Either you lug the engine because it can't overcome the clutch, or you have to rev the snot out of it and slip it to make a good start.. I suppose with time I would be able to make a smooth start, but I've been driving stick for 10 years straight (with a performance clutch for many of those years) and after the 30 min test drive, I still couldn't get it right..

Yea, the gizmos and doodads are a-plenty in the TL. In the end, I couldn't justify the hefty monthly payment. Plus, the dealership had the audacity to suggest that I would pay sticker. It was hard enough to get a test drive. After 10 years of Acura ownership, I walked away shaking my head.

I now have the LGT Limited (in a wagon no less), and the driving experience is just icing on the fact that I got an awesome lease deal and got the car for invoice (thanks VIP program).

Are navigation and bluetooth worth losing 50hp, AWD, and more money? I'm there are aftermarket navi systems out there that can be installed if you're really that concerned about it. Personally, I just used maps like I have always done. :confused:

I think you're thinking of the TSX. The TL has 280 HP, but it's FWD.

I'm with the others. The TL looks nice, but I'd stick with the legacy with the aftermarket help.

My thoughts exactly. Drop 2K on the navigation and be happier. Who wants FWD these days:lol:

I looked closely at the TL six speed with navi just before I went with the Legacy. The Acura folks couldn't get the Navi and the car that I wanted without a six week wait. They were snotty and obnoxious at the dealership. I waited a few weeks and bought one of the first Legacys - late May 05. No regrets- both are fun to drive, but the Acura has a lot of pwr going to the front wheels. If they make that car in an AWD version, it would be an interesting proposition. As it stands, I think the SUbie is a hoot to drive. Just have to put up with a few quirks like no Navi, XM antenna adapter, etc. both are fine cars though. JMHO

Just get rid of your LGT.

Isn't it you who seems to always be longing for a different car anyway?

Just get something else, so you can go to that cars board in a few months

and post how you wish for a different car.

If I'm mistaking you for another poster, I'm sorry. I think many of us wish we

could be Jay Leno and own all kinds of cars. And many of us also like

to change cars OFTEN, but if you b1tch about it all the time, it gets old.

Being a previous Acura CL-S owner, I was looking at getting the TL after my lease ended. I needed a family 4 door car and I was happy with the CL and would be happy with the TL too but....

the price difference was too much so I got the legacy and I have a turbo car again :)

No regrets here ^_^

Just get rid of your LGT.

Isn't it you who seems to always be longing for a different car anyway?

Just get something else, so you can go to that cars board in a few months

and post how you wish for a different car.

If I'm mistaking you for another poster, I'm sorry. I think many of us wish we

could be Jay Leno and own all kinds of cars. And many of us also like

to change cars OFTEN, but if you b1tch about it all the time, it gets old.

I hope you got my pm, relax man. I don't complain about my car that much. Yes I have had a few cars in the last 2 years, that's just how I am. Really, if you don't like my posts, please don't respond.

Harsh! Can't we all just get along? (Or maybe not read the posts we don't care about or that annoy us?) :rolleyes:

Not harsh, just reality. You are a newbie here, once you've seen the same person posting a dozen or so times that they want to get another car or how they might be having second thoughts about buying the LGT or whatever, somebody needs to wake them up.

It's like having someone nagging about their girlfriend or wife all the time...eventually you are going to say, "either break up with her or shut up about it."

I just went through all of my posts, I think I have mentioned the TL maybe twice, my only post about trading it in is this one. I really think you have me confused with someone else. I love my LGT, just like to daydream.

I PM'ed you back.

As I said in my first post I might have you confused with

someone else (maybe it's the "GodwhoamI" poster, I'm not sure.

Again, sorry if I got you mistaken.

In anycase, if you want more luxury, equal freeway acceleration ability (maybe a touch more at 90+ mph speeds) and don't need the AWD...get the TL.

My LGT is awesome, honestly when I post stuff like that, I just like people to bash on other cars and praise the LGT..makes me feel better about my purchase hehe!! Sure the TL is very nice, I won't be trading in my LGT for one.

I PM'ed you back.

As I said in my first post I might have you confused with

someone else (maybe it's the "GodwhoamI" poster, I'm not sure.

Again, sorry if I got you mistaken.

In anycase, if you want more luxury, equal freeway acceleration ability (maybe a touch more at 90+ mph speeds) and don't need the AWD...get the TL.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You are confusing him with me. And it's "GodWhomIsMike."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

- Mike

Archived