LegacyGT.com

Must Do's for Second Gen Legacy

MAP = Manifold Absolute Pressure

ya extending the wire would be easy, if it runs like crap you could retune it, but that would require an SAFC. or pay a shop to do it but thats gonna me more expensive than buying a used SAFC. and with that you can tune it however you want, whenever you want. i actually just bought one for my 240. got it for 150 shipped.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no clue how to tune. and i have heard of the prices. hmm.. if i move the maf to the body do i risk running lean or rich.

and ps. i removed the silencer and i did notice a differene in power. noise and response. and it saves weight! rust saves weight

honestly i have no idea. i left my intake stock except i took out the snorkle in the fender. i was thinking about doing what your considering but i never got around to it. do some searching. see if the maf has to be a certain distance from the TB to get proper performance. with abs: i know if you relocate the abs module and you have to change the length of the lines(shorter or longer), your abs wont work properly. but i have no clue about the maf

yea hmm. speaking of abs. mine dont work, the yellow abs like is on like a ce light. i dont mind but i like the way my dash looks with out yellow lights haha. and makes the parents happier when those kinda lights are off.

both.

although i do remember when i first got it i could hear the abs while almost to a complete stop. but now its 100 percent no abs. just locks all fours and i slid right out of line.

is the fuse in the engine bay or under the dash? ill check in the morning for a blown fuse

thank you.

and so far for must do's

seafoam the shit out of it. like 16 onces in one tank.

take out the snorkle

knock sensor

50/50 for 4eat rockers

blue leds and paint and cf tape for inside.

silver stars

This seaform you're talking about you put it in the gas tank? Heard about SeaForm just never looked into it.

i used the brake booster hose....please do research on the proper way to do this before you go blowing up your motor. dont just read the can. but the aftermath is really fun, heres mine. video phone sorry

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teulvrddfmY]YouTube- Subaru legacy seafoam[/ame]

yes i did. my knock senor went out. this got it back to normal power. then i also fixed the senor and those 2 are like night a day. 0-60 is probably at least 2 seconds faster

ill have to try the intake. i had heard about it but didnt know how to do it. does seaform get old over time???? got some more thats about 3 years old

i dont think so...but its not expensive so i would just buy another can...oh and even though people do it, i never put seafoam in my tank. every 10k miles i put 16oz of 93% ethenol rubbing alcohol in a full tank of gas. in my rx7 my fuel system was so clogged up that the car barely ran. so i put the rubbing alcohol in it and drove about 5 miles before it started running like new again. rubbing alcohol burns very clean and flushes you fuel system out very well. but i wouldnt recommend doing it less than 10k miles apart because even though it helps keep your fuel system clean and your internals clean, its horrible for your piston rings. but all my other cars ive done it on i had no problems. ok so some of you might be thinkin "but youve blown 3 engines in your car". well let me tell you that had nothing to do with moding or putting cleaners in my car, i kept jumping 2 teeth on my timing for some reason. jumping one tooth is bad enough but you can still hoble it to the shop to fix it, but when you jump 2, its immediate piston slap and messed up heads.

2 teeth. and thats that, i hope i never have that problem. or is their a good reason for yours. should i replace the timing belt?

well gtgtb. be on whenever. is it correct that you should just barly drop in the seafoam into the intake. like not flood but how much?

proper seafoam:

1. pull vacume hose out of brake booster

2. pour 8oz into a cup

3. start engine (DO NOT REV THOUGH THIS PART OF THE PROCCESS)

4. put funnel in open hose

5. slowly pour the the cup into the funnel, make sure it doesnt stall the car out, its gonna rev up and down, just make sure the engine doesnt flood and shut off

6. when done pouring all 8oz in immediatly turn off engine

7. wait 5-10 min

8. start car, might take a few cranks more than normal

9. DO NOT HIT REDLINE, rev a little, no more than 4k until smoke stops./ or go out for a drive but you will have a smoke screen behind you for about 5 mins.

proper seafoam:

1. pull vacume hose out of brake booster

2. pour 8oz into a cup

3. start engine (DO NOT REV THOUGH THIS PART OF THE PROCCESS)

4. put funnel in open hose

5. slowly pour the the cup into the funnel, make sure it doesnt stall the car out, its gonna rev up and down, just make sure the engine doesnt flood and shut off

6. when done pouring all 8oz in immediatly turn off engine

7. wait 5-10 min

8. start car, might take a few cranks more than normal

9. DO NOT HIT REDLINE, rev a little, no more than 4k until smoke stops./ or go out for a drive but you will have a smoke screen behind you for about 5 mins.

Thanks perfect! Gonna be doing this plus the LED mod you have on youtube. Completely a kick ass idea. I am going to try to put some in the gas tank as well. I take it the sea foam mixing with the gas in the tank is harmless obviously. Looks like I will be getting this done as well and see how she runs!.

the can says you can put seafoam in your intake, your gas tank, and in your oil. which ive heard putting it in your oil works wonders, but just make sure you change your oil 300 miles after you do it.. and ya my gauge cluster thing is pretty cool, too bad my car is being parted out and funny thing is i shipped off my gauge cluster to a guy on SLI today. that reminds me i gotta seafoam my 240 i just picked up

Archived