LegacyGT.com

PO852, after going stage 1.

quick4dr

• 1 year later...
I got this code going from a stage 2 tmic to stage 2 fmic retune. Tuner was dumb founded as to why it would appear, no mechanical problems whatsoever. I have heard of people getting this code simply from a tune.....through my various search methods, and the code disappeared forever when they switched to their previous map. So I disabled that CEL in ECUflash. :D

I feel like my car runs different w/ the CEL on... seems to run richer... no A/F gauge tho :( I need to get my timebelt done, so I'm going to have the mechanic take a look at it when it's there see if he can't fix it. If not the next step will be my tuner.

Any ideas here on what to check... someone mentioned an recall on the '05's for this... anyone have a link to SOA recall list?

• 2 weeks later...

Does your cruise control work? I just saw a list of SOA reflashes a couple days ago, and one of them was related to this code. If I remember right, disabled cruise control was one of the symptoms.

It could be that your car had the fix, and your reflash rolled you back to an earlier version of the ROM, which doesn't have the fix.

Do you know your calibration ID? If I remember right, A2WC510N was the original ROM. A2WC522N is definitely the most recent ROM. There were a couple changes in between, and I'm not sure which one introduced the fix.

All of that said, there might be a mechanical fix for this as well. Putting a washer under or over the switch, or something like that.

Sorry to be so vague, but I'm trying to remember stuff from 5 years ago... :)

Does your cruise control work? I just saw a list of SOA reflashes a couple days ago, and one of them was related to this code. If I remember right, disabled cruise control was one of the symptoms.

It could be that your car had the fix, and your reflash rolled you back to an earlier version of the ROM, which doesn't have the fix.

Do you know your calibration ID? If I remember right, A2WC510N was the original ROM. A2WC522N is definitely the most recent ROM. There were a couple changes in between, and I'm not sure which one introduced the fix.

All of that said, there might be a mechanical fix for this as well. Putting a washer under or over the switch, or something like that.

Sorry to be so vague, but I'm trying to remember stuff from 5 years ago... :)

I had the same issues after getting retuned for fmic...stg 2, I heard that sometimes the code can be thrown if you accidentally turn the key off when in neutral. The tune/cel timing is a coincidence, the dash still lists the gear appropriately and the reverse lights work. After a full tear down of the center console and inspection of the shift lever and linkages I've determined it is not a mechanical problem. Also, googling this code and subaru renders a lot of people getting it shortly after a tune. They flashed back to previous map and code disappeared for good. So, I just disabled that cel.

Archived