LegacyGT.com

DIY navigation???

I am lookin to put an aftermarket nav in my 05 lgt. I was looking at some threads here and i only saw a couple pictures of how one guy put a garmin in the in dash cubby... is there a diy on this or any good threads on how to retro fit a tomtom or garmin in the 2005 LGT cubby??? :confused:THANKS!

I am lookin to put an aftermarket nav in my 05 lgt. I was looking at some threads here and i only saw a couple pictures of how one guy put a garmin in the in dash cubby... is there a diy on this or any good threads on how to retro fit a tomtom or garmin in the 2005 LGT cubby??? :confused:THANKS!

To answer your question, I have not seen anything like that other than the aforementioned post. You could spend a lot more and get an entire double din panel with GPS, but that costs $$$$. You can try to meet a local guy who does fiberglass or custom trim pieces. It should be easy to mount into the existing cubby. Just pull out the cubby (literally), unplug the harnesses behind, then test mount the garmin and come up with some ideas for making it blend real nice. Car audio shops often have a rock solid custom fab guy hanging around who might be able to help you for some cash on the side.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Those few pics I saw were on a thread on this site. I stumbled across them a week ago but for the life of me can't find it again. I just need ideas, because I will fabricate something myself, I just need some ideas to make my project a bit smoother.

Maybe I will add my own DIY once its finished since it seems most people that want nav are up in arms and the double din is mucho expensive.

Where the bleep were those pics i saw??? dangit!

Thanks Ryobi, I did get a PM from somebody that gave me a link to your site. I like your idea, but I guess im too anal because I want more of a flush mount look that would require the cubby door to come off.

Garmin anything is the only way to go IMO. Researched the hell out of it. Newer MFG date means a more updated map. TomTom makes stupid mistakes here and there. But then anyone who paid top dollar for one will tell you they didn't make a mistake with their money...

All the special features like traffic rerouting... not so good. Nothing beats iPhone Inrix Traffic and using your brain.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Garmin anything is the only way to go IMO. Researched the hell out of it. Newer MFG date means a more updated map. TomTom makes stupid mistakes here and there. But then anyone who paid top dollar for one will tell you they didn't make a mistake with their money...

All the special features like traffic rerouting... not so good. Nothing beats iPhone Inrix Traffic and using your brain.

Concur on Garmin, The way I see it our aircraft in school all ran Garmin G1000 all glass cockpits in the Cessna's. If it's good enough to fly a plane with it, I can surely find my way to Cracker Barrel with it.

Thanks for the info! Ya I like the Garmin, although it is my first non cell phone gps. Verizon wireless navigator worked ok, but in the 10 bucks a month I spent on it I could have easily bought a garmin...

Made this image as a startup splash screen for my nuvi 255w:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s120/rytoe/Gazebo/DriftingWRX.jpg?t=1265611847

... is there a diy on this or any good threads on how to retro fit a tomtom or garmin in the 2005 LGT cubby??? :confused:THANKS!

No, sorry. This is what I ended up going with.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_02/WristwatchTOSCANO_468x331.jpg

:lol:

No, sorry. This is what I ended up going with.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_02/WristwatchTOSCANO_468x331.jpg

:lol:

So is there a DIY or some kind of retrofit kit to be able to install that into the cubby???

Archived