LegacyGT.com

stage 2+

im putting on a down pipe/ up pipe and a grimmspeed EBCS on this weekend. and im also getting openecu/RR stage 2 tune. my question is what power number should i see. also how many lbs for boost should i tune for???

how many lbs can the TMIC handle?

car is an 05lgt wagon 5sp with an drop in air filter and i gutted the stock mufflers.

save your money and get a bigger top mount. thats what i did cuz my stock topmount end tanks crack when i was at stage 1with a protune. My boost for the stage 1 was at 16.5. Now i went to stage 2 and to a perrin top mount and a protune from PDX and the boost is at 18psi. Much happier with it runs alot better.

i went with a perrin tmic when i started running stage 2 maps but they aren't cheap. many people here have no issues with stage 2 boost levels after the JB weld on stock ICs. i figured im gonna need the bigger core sooner or later so I bought the tmic in a group buy for a good price.

i went with a perrin tmic when i started running stage 2 maps but they aren't cheap. many people here have no issues with stage 2 boost levels after the JB weld on stock ICs. i figured im gonna need the bigger core sooner or later so I bought the tmic in a group buy for a good price.

im kind of broke and was going to save for a tmic or a fmic

but what is the JBweld on the stock IC??

i went for the perrin tmic because i didnt want to blow my stock IC and get caught out there with nothing, then either wait for parts or figure out a temporary solution. the piece of mind knowing im not gonna blow the perrin IC helps me sleep at night with my big head on my litttle pillow. do it right the first time or leave yourself vulnerable to part failure.

I have been running 20 psi on my stock tmic for over a year with no ill effects.

What will telling will be when NJLGT has a tuned to 20psi date and a popped stock tmic date. I want to know how long one could hope to get away with it!

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop? FMIC may never know...

I just ordered a down and up pipe new turbo inlet and cbe and a cobb accessport currently Ive been running a stage 1 tune at 16.4 psi peak boost and have had no issue guess we will see if i do in a week or so when the parts and new tune go on

What will telling will be when NJLGT has a tuned to 20psi date and a popped stock tmic date. I want to know how long one could hope to get away with it!

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop? FMIC may never know...

:confused::confused::confused:

I'll definatly post it up if it ever goes... I doubt it though because I don't beat on my cars.

:confused::confused::confused:

I'll definatly post it up if it ever goes... I doubt it though because I don't beat on my cars.

Please post it and pics if it ever does go!

I am not hoping your TMIC comes apart, rather, I am waiting to see how long (your) TMIC can survive 20psi (which is overboosting the stock TMIC and is, in fact, beating on your car).

Oh, "FMIC may never know..." I am tossing in a RacerX FMIC so I will never know about poping the TMIC.

Archived