LegacyGT.com

emissions and safty due this month...any particular place I should go?

I'm stage 2 with an sti up and gutted first cat in my downpipe. Is this going to pass the sniffer test? It looks completly stock, but I had to disable the low cat flow effc code. Also, my windshield is cracked at the bottom, will that make it fail safty? any feedback would be great. I also have a resistor with eletrical tape over my EGR sensor connection, but I doubt they'll notice that. Thanks for any feedback.

P.S. I'm guessing it would be a good idea to take my hogzaust off...

What's with everybody thinking they need to worry about sniffers? OBDII cars ('92+, I believe) don't use them! Just as long as you have a proper tune (COBB OTS maps are good) and no CEL showing, you're good to go. As far as the windshield... It just depends on who you go to. Some places will let you get away with more.

Thanks Chad, I've never had a car tested here. I'm from Cali where it's very strict. I had my windshield replaced (only $200 with the heating element...thought that was pretty cheap)

I opensouce tune my own car so I'll probably make a map that's pretty concervative for the test.

Both our Legacys are completely catless... Just got back from having both of them registered :)

If the shop really wanted to, they could look under your car and look for cats... But I've never heard of it happening. They just plug in to your OBD port and check for codes.

gottcha. Mine looks stock, so even if they checked for that, it looks normal. Thanks for the input. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to put my stock up pipe back in...nightmares...

well, passed with flying colors, after the windshield install. They didn't look under my car or even pop the hood. I can't believe how easy it is to pass emissions here compared to cali. If only I didn't have to pay $160 for the registration itself...

Archived