LegacyGT.com

Megan Racving = Shit uppipe

GTStage2

Just an FYI. I installed the Megan Racing Flex Uppipe on sunday, noticed an exhaust leak got under the car today the flange connecting the uppipe to the exhaust manifold is so warped it blew the brand new gasket apart...stay away from Megan Racing.

On that note, does anyone have an Uppipe for an 05 legacy gt wagon?

Thanks

Pics? Can we have some pics? I am assuming your bottom skirt is dropped so that you can see the warp (or pics if it is out). I am curious what it looks like. With the bottom skirt off I can see my up to headers easy like this:

http://i49.tinypic.com/6iffaw.jpg

My M2 uppipe I got on ebay new for $30-40 shipped. Warning the M2 up requires a resistor 2.2k fix because the egt sensor will bottom out in the pipe.

Like i said in your other thread, the two i recommend and have used before without a hitch are invidia, dc sports and i have seen hks fitment being great too.

BTW future reference try to keep similar posts in the same thread like the one you created : http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130112

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Korpse, thanks again. My bad on posting in a different place just wanted a good header! I am hoping to switch companies but because I purchased the uppipe awhile ago they are saying I will just get a new Megan Racing Uppipe, not thrilled. I am trying to work something out with the company I purchased the uppipe from so I can go with the Invidia.

Korpse,

The worst part is that I order it from UpscaleAutomotive and you can't call them, it's through email...I have a feeling its going to be a never ending battle. I am determined to win this one though!

I try to do ALL my online transactions by C/C only. Never my debit. Makes getting your money back a lot easier

One more for the advice Infamous had given me, the best UP is the stock one gutted!

I am a HUGE fan of the Dark Lord of HP Infamous1 and graphs or no, not even he is going to convince me to demo my stock cat PRE turbo and hope it is perfectly cleaned out when affordable, low cost alternatives exist. My time is worth more to me than the $30-40 it cost me, with gaskets to aquire my M2up vs. gutting the stock one. If the M2 did not fit, it would leak; a missed piece of pre turbo cat could potentially destroy my turbo and motor. I am NOT knocking Infamous, just stating that my laziness and concern prompted me to buy a UP (even if a gutten stocker = more power and faster spool)

My first uppipe was a megan racing. I was never able to get the flange on the manifold side to seal. I used oem gaskets, I tried non oem gaskets. I torqued everything in the propper order multiple times. It was a pita. I finally bought a turbo XS and it never leaked. I suspect that the MR had a warped flange or the pipe itself was poorly formed and would never quite line up. There is a reason that MR pipes are so cheap.... they are shit.

I sanded both flanges down on a lapping wheel before I installed. The pipe has been great so far. I've had it on for almost a year. I'll have to get down there and examine the flex section though. God forbid I have to replace it. That thing is a bitch to get out.

actually the up after you have an aftermarket pipe in there is quite easy to deal with.

The main issue with dealing with an up pipe is the OEM up since its so large it doesn't come out from its small space until you jack the engine or tranny or remove the turbo.

With the smaller size of the aftermarket the up comes out very quick since no jacking needed.

R.I.P Coxx

I just meant the whole install was time consuming. Having to throw my car on stands and take off the IC and down pipe is a pain in the butt! I actually didn't losen engine mounts to get the stock up out. I just dropped the exhaust mani and it slipped right out. ;)

I actually got the OEM up out without having to jack the engine up, I did however unbolt and remove the passenger side exhaust manifold. And yes the aftermarket pipe is very easy to get in and out. After you get all the rusted to shit nuts/bolts out the install and uninstall whatever you must do is quite easy. Takes about 2 1/2 hours total, take intercooler off, passenger side manifold, down pipe, and that bitch slides right out! Hoping to hear soon about the future for my uppipe, the 2 miles i got out of the megan racing i noticed a big difference.

If anyone hears or knows someone who has an invidia uppipe for sale please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Yeah i forgot to mention that way too lol. You can remove the elbow or you can remove the whole exhaust manifold as well. I just got lazy and had access to a tranny jack so i did that instead.

I would send a message to some vendors on this site and see what you prices you get back.

R.I.P Coxx

Archived