LegacyGT.com

18x8 rotas tire recommendations

Malone75

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118354&page=24

Comments are from SubyDude...

Originally Posted by RALLYT-WRX

So with the 18 x 8 +48 which would be the best tire size to use with no rubbing? 234/45/18 or 245/45/18?

I recommend either a 225/40/18 or 235/40/18 tire for this model. TPMS sensors are compatible with the Rota Gravel's

'07 Forester STI (ECS Performance)..SOLD!

'09 Spec B...Sold!

'11 LGT Limited...Sold!

'17 STI Limited

anyone running 235/40's with a bilsteinHD + swift/pink setup? i wanna make sure i don't rub with my 18x8 gravels

I ran pinks on stock struts. 18x8 Rotas with 235/40. They rubbed. Then went to BC coilovers and had no issues.

yea my car isnt lowered or anything yet just riding on stick bilsteins at the moment

You should perfectly fine on stock ride height

235/40/18 rubbed my fenders with Stechs and saggy rear spacers. 225/40/18 rubbed on fenders as well when it was just Stech springs w/o spacers.

I have 2 sets of 18x8 wheels +48, 1 set had 225/40/18 RE01-R tires the other had KDW TA2

I would check the specs of the tires you are buying, some tires are wider than others eventhough they have the same numbers.

Did they rub on the fender on or on the spring/strut?

Assuming they were +48mm offset?

Both. Rubbed the spring/strut up front. Rubbed the fenders in the rear. With the BCs i didnt have a problem. It still rubbed but i dont have an aggressive alignment and it was low. Im rolling the fenders just a little (front and back) when the weather gets warmer. Yes 48mm offset

YEA i am having a hard time with rim selection now LOL I love the rota gravel but i also like the gloss black prodrive gt1s. I was gonna go with the goodyear eagle F1 A/S but everyone said the have terrible road noise so it looks like I will be going with the Michelin sport cup A/S for tires now.

Archived