LegacyGT.com

possessed fuel gage

you can also clean them, or the measurement-thingys in the tank. sorry having trouble w/words from this concussion, but there's something on another forum about the sensors or something from the tank being pulled and cleaned. or, run gumout/techron through it; maybe some gunk is causing a faulty reading. my gauge was off in the summer, and ive been running gumout and just started techron. noticeably better than before

My gauge has been off for over a year now, and all of a sudden it is working again. I run additives and only 93 octane, and perhaps it has finally paid off.

The funny part is, I got so used to using the trip meter for fill ups, even though the gauge works, I don't even go by it anymore.

If you truly want the gauge to work properly, you really have to replace the senders. Taking them out and manually cleaning them works, but the problem resurfaces rather quickly.

my gauge works but when i fill up the needle moves so so slow??? like even 10 miles down the road it will still be going back up. and then goes from full to a 1/4 real real fast it seems and then i can run days on a quarter tank.? normal.?...like thats the shape of the tank...

thanks for all the advice...seems like a common problem with our cars...I'm using the trip meter also for every tank but my driving conditions change so much its hard to get an 'average'...Bdubs., what additives are you using??...ive ran a few cans of seafoam through it to clean the valves etc....seems to run significantly better with seafoam (but only every 1500 miles or so), also runs much better on 89 octane as opposed to 91...

I ran seafoam through the tank as well, which has helped a bit.

Also, my friend is an auto parts manager, and he gets tons of promo stuff. He recently gave me a case of Lucas Fuel Additive "tune up in a bottle", and that has seemed to work extremely well.

I'm not one to put this crap in my tank often, but figured it was free, and why not. I was suffering from some MPG loss thanks to the cold, and who knows what else, so I had nothing to lose.

Archived