LegacyGT.com

At the track: 225s vs. 235s

PutnamCO

I will be tracking my car around 10-12 times this summer on a 2.5 mile road course. I will be running Tein Flexs, F&R Cobb Sways, DBA 5000s with XP10s F&R, SS lines, and a VF-52. I am unsure about how much better it would be to run tires larger than the 225/45/17s I had on stock rims last season. I will be getting Dunlop Direzza Stars, and need to decide if I'm going to get summer rims that are either 17x8 or 18x8 in order to run 235s. I'm just not sure how much of a difference 10mm will make, and would not buy new rims for the aesthetic reasons. Thanks.

Bolksey85: I ran a 17x8 rpf1 (45mm offset) with 235/40/17 Toyo Ra-1's for a few years on my lowered (1.5") LGT without needing to roll the fenders. the Ra-1's run 9.4" on an 8" rim. I believe the Star Specs are the same.

Thanks, BL! That's even the wheels I want so that's even better.:)

Thanks for all the info. I will probably be pretty low with the Flex's, and am looking to avoid rolling my fenders, so I guess I'll be looking for a 17x8 with a bigger offset. And just to clarify, if I can only find wheels with a +48 offset, should I stick to the 235s to avoid needing to roll the fenders, instead of going 245? Mustangendsley, where do you track out by Grand Junction?

Archived