LegacyGT.com

I have some questions for whoever drove the '05 GT Limited

Here are my questions with the automatic version of the '05 GT Limited: - How does the automatic 2.5 GT Limited feel - is is quick? - How does the turbo feel when it kicks in? - How is the handling - good, excellent, or bmw-like? - How good does the audio system with subwoofer/amp package sound? - Does the automatic climate control actually hold the temperature? - Is the trunk large, medium or smallish? - Are the seats comfortable? - Is the manual shifting on the automatic quick or sluggish? - Would you say the automatic version would do 0-60 in the 6 second range? Anything else you could think of - let us know. Thanks. - Mike

[quote name='godwhomismike']Here are my questions with the automatic version of the '05 GT Limited:[/quote] Participated in test drive so has a little time in GTs. [quote name='godwhomismike']- How does the automatic 2.5 GT Limited feel - is is quick?[/quote] Was very smooth, not as quick as a manual when manu-matic-shifting but very good. [quote name='godwhomismike']- How does the turbo feel when it kicks in?[/quote] Brutal, but there is lag. [quote name='godwhomismike']- How is the handling - good, excellent, or bmw-like?[/quote] Very good, little leaning in corners, neutral handling, stickiness compromised by tires. Was fun to throw around corners... [quote name='godwhomismike']- Is the trunk large, medium or smallish?[/quote] Wagon person myself, so it is tiny! :) ;) Seriously, about the same as the 04s I would say... [quote name='godwhomismike']- Are the seats comfortable?[/quote] A step above 04s but still not Volvo comfy... [quote name='godwhomismike']- Is the manual shifting on the automatic quick or sluggish?[/quote] As stated above, felt it was sluggish. The only other manu-matic I've driven was a Passat with the turbo and it felt a little sharper and quicker. [quote name='godwhomismike']- Would you say the automatic version would do 0-60 in the 6 second range?[/quote] No idea, didn't bring a stopwatch. [quote name='godwhomismike'] Anything else you could think of - let us know. Thanks. - Mike[/quote] Beautiful car, interiors are outstanding - not remotely in same league as 04s... I will drool and dream until current car is either a) paid or b) totalled and I have to replace it... :) Hope this helps. Nicolas

Sounds great. So when the turbo kicks in it gives you a nice surge and a tosses you back in the seat? I could deal with lag - no big deal - I live where there is a lot of traffic, so I won't be accelerating like an indy racer most of the time, but on the weekends when I take trips - either to the beach, some camping trip, or the mountian back roads of Pa - I want a nice rush - especially merging onto a highway and getting up to speed right away. I want a good awd car, that's why I am looking at a Subaru or why I looked at the Audi (which was just a hair above what I am willing to spend). Looks - especially the interior - are very important to me. I also want something fast, yet I could take it out during the winter and have a car that will be able to handle the snowy Pa. back roads with confidence, or just be able to blast down a dirt road with confidence. That's what I want. - Mike

[quote name='godwhomismike']Sounds great. So when the turbo kicks in it gives you a nice surge and a tosses you back in the seat? I could deal with lag - no big deal - I live where there is a lot of traffic, so I won't be accelerating like an indy racer most of the time, but on the weekends when I take trips - either to the beach, some camping trip, or the mountian back roads of Pa - I want a nice rush - especially mirging onto a highway and getting up to speed right away. - Mike[/quote] We tested the cars with accelerations from standstills, which probably exaggerated the lag issue, but it did feel like it had plenty of push if the revs were above 3000RPM, something that could be easily managed to merge or pass with the manu-matic controls by downshifting. As I said, I am drooling... :) Nicolas

Question about minor, but very nice to have interior detail for Legacy 2.5GT Wagon. Does the rear seat have a fold down center arm rest, ala Volvo, BMW etc? Pictures look like it is there in up position, but spec sheets are unclear.

[quote name='MtnSub']Question about minor, but very nice to have interior detail for Legacy 2.5GT Wagon. Does the rear seat have a fold down center arm rest, ala Volvo, BMW etc? Pictures look like it is there in up position, but spec sheets are unclear.[/quote] I did not notice it if it was there. The only thing I see in pictures I can find is the pass-through hole for the trunk in the sedans. Nothing on the wagons... Nicolas

[quote name='Sub-attraction']I understood only 3.0 vehicles to get this feature.[/quote] Good pointer... Just checked and it is standard on Outback XT and 3.0 (LL, VDC and VDC Ltd). [url]http://www.subaru.com/shop/specifications/noframes.jsp?track=shopleftnav_fas&trim=25_XT_LTD_WAGON&model=OUTBACK#interiorfeatures[/url] (4th feature down...) Nicolas

Thanks for clearing up confusion about back seat armrest for Wagons. Do not understand why Outback XT gets armrest and Legacy 2.5GT Ltd does not, but I will stick with Legacy 2.5GT for bigger brakes and tighter steering, as long as Legacy clearance/stiffness prevents front airdam scraping going in and out of driveways. Subaru has created some odd choices and trade-offs that are hard to understand. Don't see marketing or unit cost rationale.

[quote name='MtnSub']Do not understand why Outback XT gets armrest and Legacy 2.5GT Ltd does not.[/quote] Don't forget that Subaru is charing $1000 more for the Outback -- I guess they needed some justification! Ken

[quote name='akm3']What did we ever decide about who gets the cool BMW style 'floaty' drivers arm rest? -Allen[/quote] It's an option that will be available in July, for the GTs at a minimum. Kevin

[quote name='gtguy'][quote name='akm3']What did we ever decide about who gets the cool BMW style 'floaty' drivers arm rest? -Allen[/quote] It's an option that will be available in July, for the GTs at a minimum. Kevin[/quote] Any picture or source? Also, what other options will be available this summer? Thanks.

This Space For Rent

[quote name='gt_ltd'][quote name='gtguy'][quote name='akm3']What did we ever decide about who gets the cool BMW style 'floaty' drivers arm rest? -Allen[/quote] It's an option that will be available in July, for the GTs at a minimum. Kevin[/quote] Any picture or source? Also, what other options will be available this summer? Thanks.[/quote] That's from my dealer, as I was asking about it when I ordered my wagon. Kevin

Yes, Outback is $1000 more than Leg and you get rear seat armrest and better ground clearance, but Leg has bigger brakes and sport steering. From the pictures on Sub Inc site, sport seats on Leg 2.5GT appear better than Outback sport seats. Outback sport seats look like LLBean seats, nice but less sport. Regardless, I am trying to make sense out of facts we do not yet have and corp marketing differentiators we are not privy to. These are all minor nits that are far outweighed by the great performance and engineering provided by Subaru. We will find our best fit as the facts are known.

[quote name='gt_ltd'][quote name='gtguy'][quote name='akm3']What did we ever decide about who gets the cool BMW style 'floaty' drivers arm rest? -Allen[/quote] It's an option that will be available in July, for the GTs at a minimum. Kevin[/quote] Any picture or source? Also, what other options will be available this summer? Thanks.[/quote] Here is a link to the brochure page with options: [url]http://www.legacysti.com/viewtopic.php?p=12358#12358[/url] Scroll up for more.

[quote name='MtnSub']Yes, Outback is $1000 more than Leg and you get rear seat armrest and better ground clearance, but Leg has bigger brakes and sport steering. From the pictures on Sub Inc site, sport seats on Leg 2.5GT appear better than Outback sport seats. Outback sport seats look like LLBean seats, nice but less sport. Regardless, I am trying to make sense out of facts we do not yet have and corp marketing differentiators we are not privy to. These are all minor nits that are far outweighed by the great performance and engineering provided by Subaru. We will find our best fit as the facts are known.[/quote] Don't forget the Outbacks lower final drive ratio (4.44 vs. 4.11).

thanks! :) [quote name='Sub-attraction'] Here is a link to the brochure page with options: [url]http://www.legacysti.com/viewtopic.php?p=12358#12358[/url] Scroll up for more.[/quote]

This Space For Rent

Archived