LegacyGT.com

Slipping clutch or?

Still riding the stock clutch and I've been slipping for at least a good 9 months. That's about 6,000 miles for me. I rarely get into it and drive like the little old lady NOT from Pasadena. The clutch has its good days and bad days. Most tempermental thing ever. Sometimes, I do the 4th gear test and it spikes right after boost. Sometimes it doesn't. I've got my new clutch on order just so I'm not without a vehicle for too long when the stocker finally gives up the ghost.

Not jocking you at all my brother but color me impressed. There is no way I could make mine go that long after it started slipping. 6months and 3000 miles probably (short commute) and it was slipping bad in 3rd when I took it in...:rolleyes: (It is a two driver car tho')

thats good, what did you order?

I'm going with the ACT Heavy Duty with a WRX flywheel. Probably the most popular option used on our cars as far as this forum is concerned. It seems like the most tolerable setup that can hold some serious power even though it will still be a bit underrated for what I'm doing to my car. The next option up would be a 6-puck though that's closer to a race option rather than a daily driver. The Exedy sounds like a good option for what you are doing however, but my advice follows what's been said. Look into some of the information here about all your options and stop letting that clutch slip. It will kill it more quickly.

Not jocking you at all my brother but color me impressed. There is no way I could make mine go that long after it started slipping. 6months and 3000 miles probably (short commute) and it was slipping bad in 3rd when I took it in...:rolleyes: (It is a two driver car tho')

:lol:. That's your reason. You've told me about your girl and the way she drives. The short stop and go, however, will no doubt play a big part in that, too. On a side note, you're the first person I've heard from that has reported that the LWFW has no chatter. That's awesome. I rode in a couple LGTs with LWFWs and I would not be able to take that much chatter and drivetrain noise. The ACT with WRX FW may be on the edge of my tolerances as it is.

:lol:. That's your reason. You've told me about your girl and the way she drives. The short stop and go, however, will no doubt play a big part in that, too. On a side note, you're the first person I've heard from that has reported that the LWFW has no chatter. That's awesome. I rode in a couple LGTs with LWFWs and I would not be able to take that much chatter and drivetrain noise. The ACT with WRX FW may be on the edge of my tolerances as it is.

Yeah bumper to bumper 0-10mph basically 5-6 days a week for years in downtown is a clutch eater. With the upgrade I really do not have chatter and having driven UNSPRUNG 3 and 4 puck clutches on street, it is NOTHING like that. I can tell that my trans mount needs to get traded out for N1 asap tho'.

I consider myself lucky that I do not have chatter, I guess... Just like my review, it honestly feels fairly stock. It slips well, grabs even better, pedal is a bit heavier but only enough to give you positive feel with the increased grab... I think I would be very bummed if it was chattery.

I readily admit it is easier to stall now with the LWFW compared to stock but also revs very freely and I would only notice the LWFW if someone was on my ass on a slope from a stop sign. I also admit that my LWFW has gotten rid of any desire I had for a LW underdrive pulley

Archived