LegacyGT.com

Headlights & wiper blades

Today I took my car in to get a new headlight (second in 2 months) and front wiper blades replaced. I was always under the impression that these were covered under the 12 month/unlimited mileage warranty.

When the work was done, the service advisor said that the DRL is covered under the 12 month/12K warranty, not the unlimited.:eek: I explained that the DRL was nothing more than the headlight and raised a stink. She went ahead and didn't charge me.

Before I call SOA to find out, I figured someone on here would know what the actaul warranty is for these parts.

-mark

p.s. my car is 6 months old with 15K miles

I belive wipers are under 12 month/12K warranty, but on the manual, it says components that wear out such as wipers and brakes are not covered under warranty. Maybe best thing is if you call SOA and let m eknow :)

Wipers and bulbs are covered under the Bumper to Bumper 3yr/36,000 mile warranty. Brakes have a seperate exclusion that only covers them for 12mo/12,000 miles

Tell your Service Advisor she is wrong.

Will Conklin

Mastro Subaru - Service Advisor

Below is a direct quote from the subaru website for model year 2005. Where is the 12 month exclusion for brakes?

Wear Item Limited Warranty

Wear item coverage for all models is 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. Items covered include brake pad/shoe linings, clutch disk linings, and wiper blades.

OK - I spoke with SOA.

It turns out the only item not covered by the 3year/36K warranty are the tires (which most people swap out early anyway). I specifically asked about bulbs, headlights and brakes. All are covered (no exception for brakes).

The service rep will contact my dealership to clarify the warranty coverages.

Below is a direct quote from the subaru website for model year 2005. Where is the 12 month exclusion for brakes?

Wear Item Limited Warranty

Wear item coverage for all models is 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. Items covered include brake pad/shoe linings, clutch disk linings, and wiper blades.

Oops, my mistake. You are correct just pulled my warranty sheet, Brake Pads are listed seperately but are also 3yr/36,000

:D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Valeo doesn't have a rear wiper listed for the Wagon. Any thoughts on a replacement there?

-NP

BTW the stock blades made it through the last New England winter and died with the summer pollen and rains. They're on alcohol based lifesupport now while I over think what to replace them with. That's pretty common lifespan for a wiper blade around here. Why did Subaru warrentee something that would fail in normal use durring the warrentee?

Why did Subaru warrentee something that would fail in normal use durring the warrentee?

For the same reason that Hyundai gives such a huge warrantee. They know that they are going to be cheap and wear out, but instead of create brand dissatisfaction they would rather offer to replace it under warrantee. Wipers are too easy to find and replace to mess with taking a special trip to the dealership over, so most people are just going to do the work themself. Subaru can always counter their complaints with the fact that they would have gladly replaced it if you had only told them about it.

I wonder if this warranty covers paint that scratches way to easy. If they will cover breaks that wear out from normal use, then why not replace paint on front bumpers that gets chiped to hell through normal use?

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived