LegacyGT.com

2005 gt limited idle?

Hey everyone,

I'm new so don't give me too much hell, I did use the search but just want to clarify something. I'm looking at getting a used 2.5 gt limited, one owner, meticulously maintained for 11.5 with extended warranty and 90 on the clock, service just performed. My question is the idle, on cold loop it was fine but as soon as I finished the test drive it sort of shook a little, felt like a cycle misfire, normal firing, misfire, normal firing etc. Is this normal or something to be considered?

Mine's got a random "shimmy" at idle that shows up in colder months on "certain" days. I think it has to do with the humidity/temp. Never stalls though and runs great otherwise. @ 65K on the odo. I know this have been brought up before. Do a little searching...

I thought the whole horizontally opposed thing was to avoid shaking by having the pistons opposite each other firing at the same time. Or is that just part of the vehicle dynamics and traction as opposed to engine shake?
It's cool; I'm with the band

I thought the whole horizontally opposed thing was to avoid shaking by having the pistons opposite each other firing at the same time. Or is that just part of the vehicle dynamics and traction as opposed to engine shake?

my inline 4 integra had a very smooth idle. the lgt not soo much.

Archived