LegacyGT.com

OMFG DM g0t s0m3 wh33lz0rZ!!11

Drift Monkey

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It seems that your gaps are less now with the new wheel set-up...I'm hoping that the wheels that I'm getting in 18x7.0 (Xenonk recommended 225/40/18) will look like yours--wit the less gap :D

*pics! pics! pics!* :D

They are a bit less. My front gaps are larger than the rears...this wasn't really appearent with the stockers...kinda weird.

18x7? What wheels/tires?

They are a bit less. My front gaps are larger than the rears...this wasn't really appearent with the stockers...kinda weird.

I guess since your new tires overall diameter is bigger (it's getting closer to the wheel well), and since it's getting closer, it's easier for the eye to catch the gap since it takes a shorter amount of time for the eye to scan from the tire to the wheelwheel...anyways :D ....*chanting...more pics more pics*

18x7? What wheels/tires?

I'm getting some RO_JA in 18x7.0 with 42 offset...

as far as tires...I'm going with something that's quiet and softer ride in 225/40/18...thinkin about the Toyo Proxes 4...

In Taiwan now...:spin:

I guess since your new tires overall diameter is bigger (it's getting closer to the wheel well), and since it's getting closer, it's easier for the eye to catch the gap since it takes a shorter amount of time for the eye to scan from the tire to the wheelwheel...anyways :D ....*chanting...more pics more pics*

18x7? What wheels/tires?

I'm getting some RO_JA in 18x7.0 with 42 offset...

as far as tires...I'm going with something that's quiet and softer ride in 225/40/18...thinkin about the Toyo Proxes 4...

:lol:

That will work for you, but do you need all seasons or will these be a full summer tire?

that's a little thin. 225 minimum I would think. Why get an 8" rim if you don't take advantage of it?

Well...I just plunged into the 18x8.0 with 46 offset club :D BECAUSE Drift Monkey has pretty much the identical set-up (in 45 offset) :) ...AND THANKS Drift Monkey and everyone for the nice pics and info!!! :)

I'm just concerned and don't want to run into any rubbing issues. I noticed that the A-techs with tires tend to stick out a little bit and was wondering if 215/40's or 215/45's would eliminate that problem (not knowing how much the factory suspension allows the car to TRAVEL DOWN when the car goes through bumps while going straight and while turning)....I hope I'm making sense :(

Well...I just plunged into the 18x8.0 with 46 offset club :D BECAUSE Drift Monkey has pretty much the identical set-up (in 45 offset) :) ...AND THANKS Drift Monkey and everyone for the nice pics and info!!! :)

I'm just concerned and don't want to run into any rubbing issues. I noticed that the A-techs with tires tend to stick out a little bit and was wondering if 215/40's or 215/45's would eliminate that problem (not knowing how much the factory suspension allows the car to TRAVEL DOWN when the car goes through bumps while going straight and while turning)....I hope I'm making sense :(

Nah, Azenis just run extra wide mate. You'll be fine running 225/40/18 Proxes 4s on there I think.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm lookin at my wheels and I think the rear tires might rub if it goes low enough (about 1 finger space when I'm parked turnining into an uphill slope)...I'm thinkin about removing the rubber strip on the wheel well (I remembered you or Xenonk telling me I might save 3-5mm in attempt to clear the tires).

- what is the purpose of those rubber strips?

- any cons if I remove them?

thanks DM/Xenonk! :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JessterCPA
http://img26.exs.cx/img26/184/img00149rj.jpg

Whoa! Who's the chick???

J/K :)

Love,

Jesse

btw Wheels look great.

I'm lookin at my wheels and I think the rear tires might rub if it goes low enough (about 1 finger space when I'm parked turnining into an uphill slope)...I'm thinkin about removing the rubber strip on the wheel well (I remembered you or Xenonk telling me I might save 3-5mm in attempt to clear the tires).

- what is the purpose of those rubber strips?

- any cons if I remove them?

thanks DM/Xenonk! :D

that rubber strip serves two purposes for both PRO and CON:

Pro=

1) to prevent rock chips when your tires kick up on them so your paint doesnt rust there.

2) to prevent people from cutting their fingers on a sharp metal edge.

Con=

1) after it rains, water gets trapped under the rubber strip, thus it flakes the paint after X amount of years, so it's going to rust anyway

2) it's taking up room, you can gain as much as 5mm worth of clearance if you roll that fender, it's really not neccessary to have that lip, I dont understand why car makers do that. The front fender lip is there to hold up the fender liner, I dunno why the rear is in such a fashion.

Keefe

Keefe

ROFL - my hair was even longer since that pic, but I just got a trimz0r this week so it's all tamed and stuff now...:lol:

OH no, you went Segorni Weaver style....the boyz are gonna be disappointed, those sexy locks are all gone....

Archived